Czech Republic France Germany Italy Poland Slovakia Spain United Kingdom
The Pathways Leadership Program is a five year program designed to fast-track your leadership capabilities and career within Customer Fulfillment. For over 10 years, the Amazon Pathways program has attracted innovative, talented individuals who are now highly influential senior leaders across Amazon's global network.
As a Pathways, you will begin as a frontline Area Manager in one of our Fulfillment Centres in Europe. Right away, you will lead a team of 50-100 people and take on progressive assignments specifically designed to test your analytical skills and leadership potential. You will be involved in continuous improvement projects in order to increase efficiency and productivity in your assigned area of responsibility.
After 12-18 months, you will progress into the more strategic role of Operations Manager, with the opportunity to work in a different FC or country and face new challenges.
After a further 12-18 months you will graduate from the Pathways Program as a Senior Operations Manager where you will report directly to the General Manager and have responsibility for inbound or outbound operations at your site.
To support your leadership development, you will receive mentoring and have regular meetings with the General Manager. There are also annual meetings with all other Pathways candidates where together you can discuss your projects, challenges and success stories throughout the program.
Opportunities available in Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom - Please specify your location preferences when applying but note that your location preference will be subject to availability. Note: Candidates must speak the language of the country to which they apply at a minimum B2 level.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- You are currently enrolled in, or you are a recent graduate of, an MBA, PhD or MSc tertiary-level course in logistics, science, engineering or a similar field.
- If an MBA/MSc graduate, you have gained professional experience in busy operational logistics, supply chain, manufacturing or transportation environments.
- Demonstrable decision-making skills, enabling you to use sound reasoning as and when required; you can consult others in achieving consensus.
- Solid analytical skills, a sound business judgment and strong oral and written communication.
- You are flexible to relocate for the position.
- You are willing to work in non-traditional shift pattern which may include nights and weekends.
- You are fluent in English and the local language of your requested location.
- You have gained previous experience in setting, monitoring and improving KPIs, as well as similar metrics.
- Successful track record in supporting customers, both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of lean, six sigma and kaizen techniques and methodologies would be advantageous.