Online United States of America
The 2021 International Design Contest starts its journey with new features. Subject: Sustainable design of a seat and/or table.
- To compete, a sustainable seat and/or table design must be presented that meets all the specifications that Andreu World presents in the product briefing, solving its technical and formal problems in the terms indicated for its production in series.
Conditions and Briefing
- Students or design professionals interested in participating can consult the Conditions and the Briefing via the "Contest | 20" menu.
- Following registration, a personal file is created for each contestant. This file serves to identify the Contestant in the Contest Website during this year’s Competition and future editions.
- Participants may only register themselves via the registration form available in our website. Participants may register only once. Registration is not transferable.
- New participants may register by completing the form available via the Access menu in the website. Following registration, participants will be sent an email with a link to validate the registration.
- Once registered, participants can identify themselves in the website using their personal password in order to consult and modify their personal data in the "Edit your data" section within the "Personal data" menu.
- Participants may complete the Registration process for the Andreu World International Design Contest once they have obtained a participant number. Once you have identified yourself in the website, you can consult and request your participant numbers (for example: 20210001) in the Participant numbers section within the Inscription menu.
- Each participant must request a participant number for each project presented. You can request as many participant numbers as are necessary.
- Any designs which are not accompanied by the corresponding participant number as issued via the Andreu World, website will be excludedfrom the Andreu World International Design Contest.
- Any designs which are received accompanied by numbers which are not present Andreu World,database will also be excluded.
- The inclusion of any personal information in the documentation submitted during the competition will also be reason for exclusion.
- All material submitted must be identified with the assigned participant numbers.
- Technical report
- Other material relevant to the project.
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
- A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
- Technical report of the project as complete as possible. It can include: plans, diagrams, sketches, renders, images of the piece, or video presentation.
Said technical report will be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the participant number.
To facilitate the sending of the technical memory, which may include video, the use of digital platforms that allow data transfer such as Wetransfer, OneDrive, Google Drive or similar is allowed.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed:
- Production costs.
- Compliance with the intended functions.
Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production.
All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
- The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
- The maximum video duration will be 2 minutes and should be created in widescreen format with a minimum resolution of 1080p (1920x1080) and maximum resolution of 2160p (3840x2160).
- File size cannot exceed 1 Gb.
- Any video file format is allowed.
- The video must be sent by email along with the technical report.
The model must sent to by post or messenger service, or by delivering the project by hand to our offices, before 26th November 2021.
C/ Los Sauces, 7 Urb. Olimar
46370 Chiva – Valencia
T. +34 96 180 57 00
or P.O. Box Nº 127,
C.P. 46370 Chiva
T. +34 96 180 57 00
Projects sent from the United States of America can be sent to the following address before 12th November 2021.
Andreu World America
Attn: 2017 Design Contest
222 Merchandise Mart
Chicago, Illinois 60654
T. +1 312 464 09 00
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The competition is open both to design students and to professionals, without age limit.
Deadline: November 26, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st prize of 6000 euros
- 2nd prize of 3000 euros
- 3 special mentions of 1000 euros each
Will be awarded by a jury composed of professionals from different sectors: Design, Industry, Media and other fields related to creative activities.
The awards ceremony will be held on December 2021.