Online United States of America
CGTrader is the leading 3D content provider globally, running an online 3D model marketplace alongside with custom modeling platform and mass 3D modeling solutions for enterprise customers. CGTrader gives talented 3D designers the opportunity to showcase their work, get valuable feedback from the community, learn from their peers and interact in a designer-friendly environment. Every year CGTrader challenges students to dig into the field of technology by writing an essay on how innovative technologies are transforming our lives. Enter the CGTrader Scholarship 2019 challenge to win $3,000 for your education bills. The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while the two runners-up will receive $500 each.
How to enter?
Write and submit an original essay on the topic “The Future of Real-World Environment with Augmented Reality”.
Have you ever wondered that computer-generated objects can change the environment around us? It is already widely used in many fields like shopping, aviation, gaming. When pilots are landing or taking off, they can see a path on the runway that helps them maintain a safe flight; people can try fit furniture into their homes by using various apps on their phones or tablets. All of this is called Augmented Reality and it has way more possibilities than we can imagine. AR makes our physical world more extensive adding digital objects at it.
We want students to think about how Augmented Reality can change our everyday lives by interacting with digital objects in our environment. Will it comfort our lives or will it become a powerful craving?
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- The essay must represent the topic;
- Essay length is 500-1000 words
- Submit your essay via online form
- Submission deadline - December 2, 2019 (12:00 AM Monday, Pacific Time (PST).
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must be high school senior, undergraduate or graduate student;
- Enrolled full-time in an academic institution Jan 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019.
Deadline: December 02, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
Description of Funds
- The total scholarship fund is $3,000 and three entries are awarded. A one time $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to the author of the best submission, while the two runner ups will be awarded $500 each.
- Funds are provided by CGTrader.com. Payments are issued by CGTrader. Scholarship is payable via Direct Deposit, via PayPal to the accredited institution of higher education attended by the recipient. The taxes applicable in the specific state are deducted from the scholarship.
- CGTrader, Ltd. awards students $6,000 annually for participating in CGTrader Annual Scholarship, a competition carried twice a year.