Some of the world's most brilliant people are stuck creating gradual change in large corporations or encountering challenges to gain traction with their startup. Antler breaks the barriers to entrepreneurship by providing funding from day one and building strong teams from the ground up, while enabling founders to rapidly launch and scale their ideas. We’re a global startup generator breaking down the barriers to entrepreneurship to enable the world’s most brilliant and determined people to build global businesses from scratch.
Build your next company in Europe's most beloved tech hub
We bring bright and determined people together to build great products that bring about change in the world. We provide an unrivaled ecosystem of expertise and door openers in the entire region. Over the next four years Antler aims to invest in over 200 new businesses born out of Amsterdam, creating thousands of new jobs.
Equal access to funding and opportunity for all founders is at the core of what we do
Bringing together people from different backgrounds is an important factor when finding exceptional individuals for our program. As a member of the recently launched #Fundright campaign, we have already reached a strong milestone by investing in 33% of companies that have at least one female co-founder, nearly meeting the 3 year benchmark.
Quit your job, start having a bigger impact on the world
Our startup generator program helps you get from 0 to 1 in two phases. The first phase is about team and idea - in this phase you will find your cofounder, develop and validate your business idea. You'll need to be on location for the first phase. It's an intense, but very fun and rewarding ten weeks. After which we invest in some of the companies, who will continue unto our second phase. The next 4 months are about building your MVP and getting traction. In that phase, you can and should be located where it makes most sense for building your company.
Meet your co-founder
We make a big effort in selecting a diverse group of people for our programs from technologists, to experienced operators and second time founders. This allows you to find the right co-founder with a complementary skill set and different experiences from your own.
Grow your network
An intro from the right person can make all the difference. We connect you with door-openers, industry experts and successful entrepreneurs from all over the world.
All participants get an individual grant during the first phase of the program to enable them to focus full-time on building their products. Select teams get a pre-seed investment from Antler and continued support during the second phase of the program.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We welcome the best aspiring entrepreneurs from very diverse professional and geographical backgrounds. Our founders are tech, business and research professionals who can sell or build a product: software engineering, business development and strategy, but also e.g., data scientists, PhDs in different fields.
In each program we typically have around 30 different nationalities. On average, the founders have worked for nine years before starting their journey at Antler. In the selection process, we look for an inner drive, a clear spike, and grit.
- Inner drive - You're a self-starter and can motivate yourself and others to join your mission. You set high goals and have proven an ability to achieve them.
- Spike - That strong attribute which enables your skills and experiences to stand out from the crowd. You have deep knowledge in an area where you can form a foundation of your company's competitive advantage.
- Grit - Your source of energy never runs low. You always find a window when the door closes. You have the willingness and ability to keep going when you're faced with obstacles.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Program Starts: August 31, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
- Selected founders get a stipend of €2,500 per month the first two months.
- We invest €105,000 for a 10% equity stake in each company selected by our investment committee. For all companies we invest in, €45,000 is used to cover the program fees so you get €60,000 in the bank to start building the foundations of a great business.
- We then organize a demo day and additional fundraising events where your business will have the opportunity to pitch to hundreds of external investors for your seed funding round.