Since its inception, the program has awarded about 138 scholarships to Arab researchers from different nationalities and various areas of specialization. During the period 1997-2016 the Program has received more than 987 applications.
Nature of Grants
For selected candidates, the Arab Fund Fellowships Program provides fixed maintenance allowances, round-trip tickets for the beneficiaries and the eligible members of their families, and a limited accident and sickness insurance. The Grant is usually awarded for a period of twelve months, while shorter periods may be considered only in very special cases. Although applications are received on a continuous basis, they must be submitted at least one year before the expected starting date of the scholarship, based on a formal invitation from an internationally reputable University or Host Institution.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Eligibility Requirements (*)
1. Being a citizen of an Arab Country.
2. Holding Doctorate/Ph. D. Degree
3. Currently working at a university in a member country of the Arab Fund.
4. Having a distinguished academic career and strong publication record in international academic journals.
5. Having a good university teaching experience.
6. Being proficient in the language of the host country.
7. Being medically fit.
(*) Please note that previous beneficiaries are not eligible to re-apply for the Fellowship