Deadline: July 29, 2022
Germany Italy United Kingdom United States of America Worldwide
The Asherah Foundation, a global organization of professional women, has instituted a scholarship program to benefit females who have a high school diploma or equivalent and who desire to begin or continue a postsecondary education or technical training program with the intent of acquiring the skills necessary to enter or advance her status in the workplace.
The Asherah Foundation’s scholarship program offers a second chance at education for women who are pursuing higher education later in life and have overcome great obstacles to do so.
The scholarship benefits women over the age of 24 who have high school diploma or equivalent and who desire to begin or continue a post-secondary education or technical training program with the intent of acquiring the skills necessary to enter or advance her status in the workplace.
Our scholarship recipients have all demonstrated resilience and persistence in the face of adversity. They are all working hard to complete their education and improve their communities.
- Early June: Application Opens
- Mid to Late July: Deadline for the submission of application, recommendations, and other documents
- Mid July to Early August: Screening period and interviews for candidates on final shortlist
- Mid August: Notification of decisions mailed to all applicants
OUR MISSION: Our mission is dedicated to providing Second Chance Scholarships to Women around the world to obtain a postsecondary credential.
WHO IS ASHERAH?
Asherah: She Who Treads on the Sea
Asherah is an ancient Mesopotamian goddess known as She Who Treads on the Sea. The Asherah Foundation was created in 2016 to provide second-chance scholarships to women around the world seeking to improve their lives and their communities by pursuing postsecondary education. The Mesopotamian goddess serves as inspiration to help women continue to be strong and fight for their second chance at success.
The Asherah Foundation is dedicated to all women who have journeyed over rough waters in life. We seek to serve them as they continue to overcome great obstacles.
Opportunity is About
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate
- identify as a woman.
- be at least 24 years of age at time of application.
- be committed to the pursuit of postsecondary education and/or training.
- demonstrate financial inability to attain further education/training without the Scholarship.
- demonstrate personal discipline and perseverance.
- provide high school transcript, current transcript from current school, or other documentation of educational progress.
- complete Foundation current essay requirement.
- provide two letters of recommendation and two references with contact information.
- have been accepted into an accredited college or university degree program or a vocational or training institution.
Deadline: July 29, 2022
Cost/funding for participants
$2,500 USD PER YEAR
Applied to expenses pertaining to a four-year college degree, associate degree, an accredited vocation/training program, or other postsecondary credential for the payment of costs relating to the recipient’s registration costs, tuition and related expenses for books, lab fees, and other classroom supplied and fees.
Internships, scholarships, student conferences and competitions.