China Indonesia Korea, South Malaysia Thailand
Want to study abroad? Go to Bali or Lombok in Indonesia, Seoul in Korea, Osaka in Japan, Guangzhou and Shanghai in China, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, and Bangkok and Phuket in Thailand through Asia Exchange! Asia is by far the most populous continent in the world. Its economic, political and cultural importance is growing rapidly and the influence of Asia is only going to increase in the future. Studying abroad in Asia will provide you with more chances for success both at present and in the future.
Asia Exchange aims at providing our students with as comprehensive of a course selection as possible. If you cannot find your study program on the list, we encourage you to consider whether multidisciplinary studies abroad could suit your overall degree at home, i.e. studying subjects which are not necessarily a part of a student’s major. For example, business or cultural studies are useful in both professional and personal life, regardless of one’s major, and can be added to a degree as electives or minors.
Through Asia Exchange you can apply for an exchange at one of our partner universities:
- Bali, Indonesia: Udayana University
- Bali, Indonesia, Warmadewa University
- Lombok, Indonesia: Mataram University
- Bangkok, Thailand: Kasetsart University
- Bangkok, Thailand: Siam University
- Phuket, Thailand: Prince of Songkla University
- Guangzhou, China: Guangzhou University
- Shanghai, China: Shanghai University
- Seoul, South Korea: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Universiti Putra Malaysia
The application is now opened for Autumn 2017 semester.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The study abroad programs are suitable for all people who are interested in Asia and wish to broaden their horizons and challenge themselves both personally and academically. Students from over 300 universities have gone on exchange via Asia Exchange. Each year, nearly 1000 students from around 50 different countries take part in our study abroad programs.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION:
- A minimum age of 18 years
- A high school diploma or similar certificate (Kasetsart University, Universiti Putra Malaysia and Hankuk University of Foreign Studies require students to be enrolled at an institution of higher education during the program)
- Sufficient language proficiency to understand lectures given in English (taking a TOEFL language proficiency test is not necessary unless separately requested)
You can go on exchange to some of our destinations without being enrolled at a university, as long as you’re at least 18 years old.
Deadline: April 30, 2017
Cost/funding for participants:
Asia Exchange is financed by the host universities. We negotiate the tuition fees with each partner university and there are group discounts for Asia Exchange students. The tuition fees in Asia are generally much lower than in Western countries. The tuition fees reflect the much more inexpensive costs of living in Asia. The fees cover the placement in the program, tuition fees, and our comprehensive services.
- European students pay, on average, 1650 EUR per semester.
- Non-European students usually pay 2,880 USD per semester for each program. For exceptions, see “Fees for Non-Europeans” below.
We award scholarships twice a year in value of up to 500 EUR for students from our target countries. The target countries at the moment are
- European countries
- USA, Canada and Mexico
Remember that you may be eligible for scholarships and funding from your home university, government and various foundations supporting studying abroad, too. Read more about funding on the opportunity webiste.