Belgium Canada China Denmark Finland France Germany Hong Kong Indonesia Italy Japan Malaysia Mexico Netherlands Norway Poland Singapore Sweden Switzerland Thailand Turkey United States of America
Bain & Company is one of the world's leading management consulting firms. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. For more than 40 years, we've been passionate about achieving better results for our clients—results that go beyond financial and are uniquely tailored, pragmatic, holistic and enduring.
Preparing You for a Career in Consulting
Our internship program for bachelor's degree candidates provides broad exposure to the consulting industry and to business strategy through full-time immersion on a Bain case team.
As an associate consultant intern (ACI), you'll begin the summer with a week of intensive training delivered by experienced consultants—and very similar to the training received by new associate consultants. At the end of the summer, ACIs who have met performance expectations will receive an offer to return full-time as associate consultants once they have graduated from college or university.
What You'll Do
After training, you'll be assigned to an active case. Here's a sample of what you can expect to experience and accomplish:
- Work on a case team with three to five other consultants, taking charge of a distinct aspect of the project
- Interview clients' customers, competitors, suppliers and employers—work that will become the basis of the case team's strategic recommendations
- Own and identify information sources, gather and interpret data, and execute analysis to translate into meaningful insights
- Present your findings to case team members and client stakeholders
To apply, you'll need to submit the following items, plus any additional requirements for the main office you wish to join:
- Resume/CV (Word doc or PDF files only)
- Educational background information
- Work experience
- Relevant test scores
Application Deadlines and Start Dates
- Start Dates: First weeks of January, March, June, September, November
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The following are general qualifications and abilities required for the associate consultant intern position at Bain. Please check the local office page for any additional requirements.
- Currently studying for a bachelor’s degree from a renowned educational institution (there are some exceptions to this; please check your office page for more details)
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skill set, an endless curiosity and a penchant for thinking the impossible
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory, but please check the local office page for any additional language requirements
Additional Language and Visa Requirements