Students and young academics from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine with intermediate German knowledge (at least B1-level) are eligible to apply for the summer school grants for German language in Bavaria. The scholarships include the course fee, accommodation and a food allowance at a Bavarian University.
BAYHOST is the Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. We promote academic exchange between Bavaria and countries in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe including Russia. BAYHOST supports Bavarian universities and universities of applied science through its specific competencies; by supporting their collaboration with academic organizations in our partner countries and by establishing new partnerships.
Application deadline is the 23rd of March 2021 (date of receipt!). Late applications will not be considered.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
As an applicant for a summer school scholarship by the Free State of Bavaria you need to:
- Hold the citizenship of one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
- Be enrolled as a student or employed as an academic at a institute of higher education in one of the nine eligible countries at the time of the scholarship application.
- Provide grades of at least two semesters from an institute of higher education.
- Be able to prove German language skills of at least B1-level.
- Be of legal age at the time of the application.
Please note: Applicants who have already received funding in this program are excluded from being funded again.
Deadline: March 23, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
The scholarships include the course fee, accommodation and a food allowance at a Bavarian University.