We are looking for an exceptional Business Operations intern: Someone that gets excited about the adventure of a startup and wants to work hard and learn how to build a world class billion dollar business. Someone that is hands on, solves problems, and gets his or her hands dirty in the execution. Someone that is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced startup, coupled with strong analytical skills, taking a data-driven approach to solve complex problems and programs. A “can do” attitude is an absolute must, and candidates must demonstrate a superior track record of delivering results.
- Lead the day-to-day operations to enable Bezos’ platform to work seamlessly for e-commerce sellers, including storage, fulfillment and delivering e-commerce orders
- Develop and implement new processes to enable Bezos’ platform to work seamlessly for e-commerce sellers, including storage, fulfillment and delivering e-commerce orders
- Work in partnership with external logistics service providers including warehouses and delivery companies
- Lead delivery of all operational metrics across productivity, service quality and cost
- Manage special projects, track progress and ensure timely execution of all plans
- Work with the founders and executive team to identify opportunities and define operational requirements.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Must have requirements
- We are only looking for full time interns (3 months minimum)
- Degree in engineering, or studying towards a degree in engineering
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges
- Ability to understand new concepts rapidly and react in a high-energy, fast-paced startup environment
- Highly analytical, using data to explore problems, identify opportunities and assess benefits and impacts
- Highly proficient in working with large datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do, never-give-up attitude
- Good vibes: Fostering team spirit; someone everyone enjoys and aspires to work with.
Nice to have requirements
- Experience with Continuous Improvement processes including Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Experience with SQL (or a willingness to learn!)
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
We are only considering interns that could work full days, not part-time, for at least 3 months. This internship will be a remote paid 3-month internship.