The first International Conference on Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Design, Construction and Operations took place in Bristol, UK in 2015 and has since been reconvened in Alicante, Spain (2017) and Seville, Spain (2019).
The modern construction industry and built environment disciplines have been transformed through the development of new and innovative BIM tools and techniques. These have fundamentally altered the manner in which construction teams operate; the processes through which designs are evolved; and the relationships between conceptual, detail, construction and life cycle stages.
BIM is essentially value-creating collaboration throughout the entire life-cycle of an asset, underpinned by the data attached to them. BIM has far and reaching consequences on both building procurement and infrastructure. This recent emergence constitutes one of the most exciting developments in the field of the Built Environment. These advances have offered project teams multi-sensory collaborative tools and opportunities for new communication structures.
The conference fulfils the vital task of bringing together experts from industry, practice and academia to debate those key topics, to develop innovative solutions, and predict future trends. The conference includes a range of presentation forums, including plenary papers, workshops, seminars, and panel sessions.
Papers presented at these conference series as well as others sponsored by the Wessex Institute are permanently available to the International Scientific Community through the e-library of the Institute.
The following list covers some of the topics to be presented at BIM 2019. Papers on other subjects related to the objectives of the conference are also welcome.
- BIM in design coordination
- BIM in construction operations
- BIM in building operation and maintenance
- BIM and sustainability
- BIM and collaborative working and practices
- BIM-Facilities management integration
- BIM-GIS integration
- BIM and automation in construction
- BIM and health and safety
- BIM standards
- BIM and interoperability
- BIM and life cycle project management
- BIM and cultural heritage
- BIM and Robotics
- BIM in risk analysis and management
- BIM in building cost control
- BIM and building representation
Benefits of Attending
- Publication of Papers - Papers presented at BIM 2019 are to be published by WIT Press in a Volume of WIT Transactions. Selected papers will appear in an issue of the International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning.
- Reviews - To ensure the quality of our publications, abstracts and papers are peer-reviewed by members of the International Scientific Advisory Committee and other experts, with manuscripts processed through CrossRef Similarity Check.
- Open Access - WIT Press is an advocate of Open Access which offers maximum dissemination of your work. All WIT Transactions and Journal papers can be downloaded for free from the WIT eLibrary (www.witpress.com/elibrary).
- Indexing and Archiving - Papers presented at Wessex Institute conferences are referenced by CrossRef and have appeared in notable reviews and databases. Papers are submitted to various indexing services such as Web of Science, Google Scholar and Scopus. All conference books are listed in the British Library and American Library of Congress.
- Conference Proceedings - At registration, delegates will be given copies of the papers presented at the Conference on a USB Flash drive. Following the Conference, delegates will receive an electronic copy of the final publication in which their paper has been published.
- Digital Archive - All conference papers are archived online in the WIT eLibrary (www.witpress.com/elibrary) where they are permanently and freely available to the International Scientific Community.
- Networking - Participants can present their research and interact with experts from around the world, as part of a unique community.
- Reduced Fee for PhD Students - The Wessex Institute believes in the importance of encouraging PhD students to present and publish innovative research at its conferences. As a result, the Institute offers PhD students a much-reduced conference fee.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: September 01, 2021
Program Starts: September 01, 2021
Program Ends: September 03, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- €700 - Conference Chairmen, WIT Fellows & Members of the ISAC Registration Fee
- €890 - Registration Fee
- €560 - Student Registration Fee
- €70 - 1 Conference Dinner Ticket
- €140 - 2 Conference Dinner Tickets
- €85 - 1 Hard copy of the publication in which your paper is published (free standard airmail postage)
- €145 - 2 Hard copies of the publication in which your paper is published (free standard airmail free postage)
- €170 - 3 Hard copies of the publication in which your paper is published (free standard airmail free postage)
Fee includes electronic copy of the papers presented at the conference, other documentation and refreshments.