Australia Belgium Brazil China Denmark Finland France Hong Kong India Indonesia Italy Japan Korea, South Malaysia Mexico Netherlands Nigeria Norway Poland Russia Singapore South Africa Spain Sweden Thailand Turkey United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America
Our internship program for business school and advanced degree candidates, Bain's award-winning summer associate program is more than just a summer internship, it's a springboard to your whole career—and could quite possibly be the best summer of your life.
Experience the Consulting Life
Bain's summer associate (SA) program is an ideal opportunity for MBAs or advanced degree candidates to experience the real world of consulting while discovering what a future with Bain would be like.
Your exciting, intensive summer—often at the global office of your choice—will start with an off-site weeklong training course, where you'll learn the core Bain consulting skills. At the end of the summer, SAs who have met performance expectations will receive an offer to return full-time as consultants once they have graduated from college or university.
What You'll Do
After your training, you'll work directly with case teams and clients to solve business problems and drive change, immersed in the responsibilities of a full-time Bain consultant. This includes:
- Working closely with full-time consultants, who will provide coaching and mentoring
- Working with clients from Fortune 500 companies, midsize firms, nonprofits and start-ups across many fast-changing industries like consumer goods and retail, technology and telecommunications, financial services, industrial products, private equity and more
- Presenting the results of your work to partners and clients
- Applying knowledge and skills from your first year of business school, and gaining access to an unparalleled range of opportunities
Client confidentially means that we cannot tempt you with our client's names, but whether you're interested in consumer electronics, finance, transportation, healthcare, energy or nonprofits, the chances are good that you know our work. Over the course of the summer—often at the global office of your choice—you will work directly with case teams and clients to solve business problems and drive change, immersed in the responsibilities of a fulltime Bain consultant. You'll:
- Work closely with full-time consultants [who will provide coaching and mentoring]
- Work with clients from Fortune 500 companies, midsize firms, nonprofits and startups across many fastchanging industries like consumer goods and retail, technology and telecommunications, financial services, industrial products, private equity and more
- Present the results of your work to partners and clients
- Apply knowledge and skills from your first year of business school and gain access to an unparalleled range and depth of opportunities
To apply, you'll need to submit the following items, plus any additional requirements for the main office you wish to join:
- Resume/CV (Word doc or PDF files only)
- Educational background information
- Work experience
- Relevant test scores
Application Deadlines and Start Dates
- Start Dates: First weeks of January, March, June, September, November
What We Do
We help you see the world differently, discover opportunities you may never have imagined and achieve results that bridge what is with what can be.
We work with ambitious clients who want to define the future, not hide from it.
Global leaders come to us to solve industry-defining challenges in: strategy, marketing, organization, operations, information technology, digital transformation and strategy, advanced analytics, transformations, sustainability, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions, across all industries and geographies. Our unique approach to change management (Results Delivery®) helps structure, orchestrate and enable sustained results.
We measure our success by the success of our clients: more than 60% of the Global 500, private equity funds representing 75% of global equity capital, leading nonprofits and innovative startups. Our public clients have outperformed the S&P four to one.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The following are a list of general qualifications and attributes required for the consultant position at Bain. Please check with the local office page where SA internships are available for any additional requirements:
- A solid team player who's also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skill set
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Endless curiosity and a penchant for thinking the impossible
- Willingness to travel and work in a foreign city (if that's what you desire)
- Fluency in English is mandatory, but please check the local office page for any additional language requirements
Additional Language and Visa Requirements