United States of America
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Would you like to gain hand-on engineering or science experience in the medical device Advanced Surgery Industrial Design R&D internships, based in Round Lake, IL, and Deerfield, IL, allow students to experience medical product R&D up close and personal, alongside experienced engineers and scientists. Industrial Design interns will engage in the design of components ,prototypes, perform feasibility and human factor assessment for the new designs.
This is where your work matters
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of pride throughout the organization as you build on our more than 90-year legacy of saving and sustaining lives and improving outcomes for millions of patients.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mechanical and Industrial design engineering
- History of high achievement and results in personal, academic and extra-curricular arenas
- Understanding of principles in ergonomics, anthropometrics and data collection/analysis methodologies
- Actively participate on device program teams to ensure sound industrial design principles are considered and implemented
- Able to prepare design drawings, details, sketches, virtual models.
- Technical problem-solving aptitude and critical thinking
- Passion for science, engineering and technology in the healthcare industry
- Intern or Co-op experience (preferred)
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
This is where your purpose accelerates our mission
Your sense of purpose is what accelerates our mission to save and sustain lives. Each of us contributes our unique skills, experience and expertise—and we value differences as we lean on each other to get work done. We're committed to nurturing an inclusive work environment in which every person feels appreciated, respected and safe to be their authentic self. This is where you can do meaningful work as a part of a team you respect, in an environment that values each person’s contributions.