The Bavarian Funding Programme for the Initiation of International Projects (BayIntAn) provides assistance for establishing and strengthening the scientific cooperation between scientists at Bavarian state and state-supported non-state universities and international research institutes. Bavaria's State Ministry of Education, Science and the Arts finances the funding programme. The objective of this programme is to further strengthen Bavaria as a centre for science and innovation by promoting international scientific cooperation. The prerequisite for being funded is that the planned cooperation must include at least one international partner.
The Bavarian Research Alliance (BayFOR) is commissioned by Bavaria's State Ministry of Education, Science and the Arts to oversee the programme. Based on standardized evaluation criteria BayFOR selects the most promising projects from the pool of intended cooperation projects – for which an application for funding of up to maximum EUR 10,000 can be submitted – and it grants the corresponding funds within the framework of the available budget. The evaluation criteria include sustainability, development opportunities of the planned projects, the possible initiation of specific projects as part of the international research cooperation as well as the suitability and need to receive the requested funding. In case of positive evaluation, an endowment contract is formed between the applicant and the Bavarian Research Alliance that includes the General Ancillary Conditions for Grants to Further Projects (ANBest-P).
The Bavarian Funding Programme for the Initiation of International Projects(BayIntAn) is based on partial financing. The participating organizations must therefore ensure that additional project-related expenses can be borne by the requesting organization.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
The following expenditures for Bavarian scientists can be subsidized:
- Travel expenses (in case of airfare: Economy class) to and from the location of the project partner.
- The stay of Bavarian scientists belonging to the project team at the project partner's premises. In such case, the maximum support is based on the fixed daily rate for overnight accommodations abroad per person in accordance with Bavaria's Auslandsreisekostenverordnung (BayARV: Ordinance on Official Travel Abroad) and the applicable travel expense rates for abroad.
In exceptional cases, travel expenses from international project partners to the German project location can also be financed.
The following expenditures can not be subsidized:
- A supplementary fixed project fee
- Personnel expenses
- Standard basic equipment such as office materials or communication equipment
- Laboratory and data processing equipment
Other project-related material expenses (specific consumables, equipment, rent, conference attendance fees, etc.) can only be subsidized in exceptional cases.