Commitment & Contract
The program lasts 12 months, full or part-time. We might extend you a returning offer at the end.
Milan, Italy, or fully remote if you can’t (or don’t want to) relocate. If you choose the on-site option, we offer substantial relocation support, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for 12 weeks.
It takes exceptional talent to hire exceptional talent. Our Recruiting team supports and fosters the success of Bending Spoons by owning the hiring process—from employer branding to candidate assessment, the team is at the center of this most crucial of business areas. To make a meaningful contribution, you need excellent analytical skills, an unfailing awareness of our business needs, and a true passion for understanding people.
With the Pursuit of Excellence program, recent graduates gain a comprehensive education in tech. Participants spend six months in critical business areas, such as Data Analysis, Mobile Engineering, or Product Management (selected according to the individual’s passions and skill set), and six months in another vital department—Recruiting.
The Recruiting Process
On your CV and cover letter, be sure to emphasize what makes you a really strong candidate. Include things such as outstanding academic results, personal projects, entrepreneurial pursuits, and so on.
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we'll invite you to take on a few tests that assess how you approach and solve unfamiliar problems. These tests don't require any prior knowledge, and they should take a few hours to complete. If you're successful there, we'll invite you to some interviews—normally two or three—to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. The interviews are held remotely, and include some behavioral and problem-solving questions. To limit arbitrariness and human bias, all Bending Spoons hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee.
We think, create, and market our own apps. Our goal? Conquer the world, one app at a time.
Bending Spoons is a fast-growing tech company focused on building and marketing mobile applications. Despite being such a young company, we've already achieved notable results, with tens of millions of downloads of our apps, and millions of users active every month. Far from being satisfied, we look with excitement at the future, and believe that through smart and hard work we’ll accomplish much more. We invest immensely in our team, and we couldn't be more proud of each other. We are a group of extremely young, talented, and ambitious software engineers, data scientists, and graphic designers. We work from our headquarters in Milan, but also fully support remote work (some of us reside in Copenhagen and Berlin). We're always on the lookout for people that want to be part of our über-challenging journey to become the most successful app creators in the world. If that sounds exciting to you, you enjoy coding elegant solutions to difficult problems, crunching huge sets of data to find non-obvious insights, or designing intuitive and stunning user interfaces, and are thrilled at the idea that your work will end up in the hands of millions of users, don't hesitate to apply.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
What we look for
- Logical-analytical abilities. You’re a quick learner who can investigate and effectively pick up new concepts on your own. You can solve unforeseen challenges with creativity and structure, and can do so independently.
- Drive and tenacity. You’re hard-working, motivated to make a big impact, and you persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done wonderfully. You’re results-oriented and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Common sense. Rather than being heavy on the academic and light on the pragmatic, your thinking is practical and rooted in reality. After all, when getting things done in a competitive industry, speed is just as important as quality.
- Rationality and self-control. You make decisions based on facts—even in moments of stress or emotion.
- Diligence, organization. You can be entrusted with big responsibilities, starting with coordinating the complex work of a consummate team.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to support your team with whatever it needs to succeed.
- Communication. Your communication, both written and verbal, is structured and crystal clear.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
What we offer
- Laser-focused professional development. Fast-track your growth in different areas under the precise tutelage of our management and team leads.
- A fluid education. Take a deep dive into some of our key areas, getting familiar with each one’s nuances and unique challenges.
- Access and absorb. Glean precious wisdom by working with bright, supportive colleagues from many different backgrounds and cultures.
- Variety. No matter your previous field of study, this program provides an education in the essential areas of the tech world and the important skills required to make data-driven decisions.
- Shape the success of the company. Gain the expertise needed to recruit the most talented people out there in complex and technical roles.
- Work in the most innovative of industries. It's no secret tech is where the action is. Do your bit to shape the industry at the center of global challenges.
- A WOW team. Spooners are motivated, growth-focused, and energizing to be around. We also love to hang out together—you're going to learn a lot while making a ton of new friends!
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible for your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Top-notch HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces... the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- Relocation package. To ease your move to Milan (should you wish to relocate), the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.