The contest’s uniqueness lies in the fact that it is a one-of-its-kind initiative in its category that exclusively focuses on healthcare technological innovations at a national level and supports the entrepreneurs.
Big Innovation (BI) initiative was conceived by Dr. Amrish Chandra from Amity University, Noida in 2018. The first edition, BIC 2020 (October 2020 to April 2021) will be conducted with support from Whites Science Innovation, UK, leading companies in collaboration with associations & publishers.
BI initiative identifies, mentors, and financially supports health-tech innovations across India in the thematic area of Healthcare. Ideas & Innovations leading to a direct impact on healthcare will be considered under the program.
- Launch of BI 2020 – October 2020
- Closing of Entries – December 31, 2020
- Selection of Top Teams – January 31, 2020
- Presentation – Mid April 2020
- Declaration of Results – April 26, 2020
Big Innovation 2020 is open all over India.
Out of the responses received against the call, top teams will be shortlisted to go to the next round of BI – wherein the teams will present for their project ideas in front of the jury. Certificates will be provided to all at each round.
The contest will culminate in a final presentation when the shortlisted teams will present their innovation before experts from industry and academia.
Do you have an IDEA!
- Write it down
- Are a one-man army or you need a team to make it into a working model. Whatever you decide, be realistic?
- If needed form a team – they can be from any Institute/University across India – Student, Staff or Faculty.
- Visit the site Link ; https://platform.younoodle.com/competition/big_innovation_2020
- Register for free and view the form and its requirements. The main page has all the technical details to be filled. Sections after DISCLAIMER are not important for evaluation and can be filled with Not Applicable.
- Submit the fees at http://bitly.com/bi2020pay – Rs 500 per team member. Provisional patent assistance if needed is provided by LexginIP – Your Partners in Innovation.
- Complete the application and add payment details in the second section.
- Complete all the sections – the last section will need a profile of the team leader & details of all the members.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Currently employed faculty members/academicians/ students, as well as recent graduates (undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate, post-doctorate in science, engineering, management, and others), are eligible to apply.
- You are encouraged to apply as a team. A team can have a maximum of 11 members including the faculty (preferable but not mandatory).
- You can also apply individually as a 1 (one) member team.
- Every team that has more than one member, must have a team lead identified at the time of application.
- We suggest you form a diverse team with varied backgrounds to complement each other.
- The teams can be comprised of participants from different universities.
- You must make sure there is no conflict of interest.
- All disclosures must be non-confidential. If technical details are shared it is preferred that at least a provisional patent is filed (Our IP Partner will do it at minimal expense. Website: LexginIP)
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Program Starts: January 31, 2021
Program Ends: April 26, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
Top teams will be shortlisted after selection by Jury and will be required to present their innovation. These winning team/s will receive the following benefits
- Up to Rs. 1 lakh for idea development*
- Showcase your technology at National & International Level
- Helps your idea mature further
- Seek IPR protection of your innovation/idea
- Mentorship by technical and business experts
- Liaising with industry for problem identification
- Entrepreneurship advice
- Winning team will receive start-up support for pre-incubation/incubation depending upon team’s progress.
DO I RECEIVE ANY CASH PRIZE IF I AM SHORTLISTED?
- The platform provides media visibility to winning teams to get to next level of their journey. A small cash prize may also be given to the winning teams.*