Australia Hong Kong New Zealand Singapore United Kingdom United States of America
The BAT is a 2-hour multiple-choice exam designed to assess aptitude for business and finance. Scores are entered anonymously into our BAT database where over 20,000 top firms can search for internship and full-time candidates.
The Bloomberg Aptitude Test
The BAT helps students and recent graduates connect with financial employers worldwide. The test was developed in partnership with premier financial institutions and university faculties around the world. Students who take the BAT uncover their strengths across a range of finance, business, career and personal competencies and gain insight into their suitability for careers in business and finance.
After taking the test, students can enter their scores anonymously into the BAT Talent Search, a tool used by employers to identify candidates for entry-level roles in business. Employers can view student profiles anonymously and may elect to contact students with testing profiles complementary to their available career opportunities.
- 2 hours
- 100 multiple choice questions
- 8 key subject areas: news analysis, economics, math skills, analytical reasoning, financial statements analysis, investment banking, global markets, charts and graph analysis
- No preparation required-- the BAT assesses critical thinking and decision making, not knowledge (get a feel of the questions through our sample quiz)
- Detailed score report with percentile ranking
- Put your profile in front of employers through the BAT Talent Search
- Add the BAT to your resume
- FREE if taken on campus or in the Bloomberg office (retakes also free if taken on campus or in the Bloomberg office)
- Also available online through our 'At Home' option (administrative fee of 39 USD applies in this case)
Sign up for a session on campus or in the Bloomberg office here: https://talentsearch.bloomberginstitute.com/test_sessions/available
If you are in the US, UK or Australia and are interested to host a BAT session for your student society, please reach out to us at bat[at]bloomberginstitue[dot]com.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who can take the BAT?
There are no restrictions as to who can take the BAT. Aside from business and finance students, students from engineering, sciences and math have also done well on the BAT. Know more about our success stories here.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
The BAT is FREE if taken on campus or in the Bloomberg office (retakes also free if taken on campus or in the Bloomberg office).
It is also available online through our 'At Home' option that allows you to take the BAT through an e-proctor (administrative fee of 39 USD applies in this case).