Online United States of America Worldwide
Dear Future Ambassador. Your voices, those of young and thoughtful political activists, will work to “bridge the divide” that stifles critical political dialogue by speaking with the power of your convictions and striving to recognize the importance of fostering conversation inclusive and tolerant of liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, insiders and outsiders.
While we do have a concern for American politics, we recognize that much of the disunity, contention, and intense polarization plaguing the United States’ political scene currently manifests itself throughout the rest of the world. We need not only the advocacy of young Americans, but of global young people who remain invested in the future of their respective communities and nations around the world.
Please join us in our mission to Bridge the Divide.
In this cross-functional role, you’ll be writing Op-Eds, recruiting writers in your area, engaging in online and in-person discussions, and posting about Bridge the Divide on social media. You will be the face of BTD in your community.
You will be a member of our team and will be working closely with the leadership at BTD.
You'll be responsible for recruiting people at your school to write Op-Eds and contribute to discussions. We will also expect you to contribute your own Op-Eds, and post to social media about Bridge the Divide!
Responsibilities of our Ambassadors
- Outreach - Reaching out to political advocacy clubs/organizations (such as Young Democrats or Young Republicans), classmates, teammates, or friends to promote BTD’s website and offer opportunities for op-ed submission and weekly discussion participation on BTD’s website
- Spread the word - Posting via personal social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) about BTD’s message or sharing/resharing posts from BTD’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
- Publicize - Publicize about opportunities for political engagement across the political spectrum, such as volunteer work on a local or national level campaign (links for which may be found on BTD’s website.
- Be the face of Bridge the Divide - And most importantly, all of our ambassadors must have a passion for ameliorating the divisive and polarized political scene that exists today by recognizing the importance of diverse young political thought and engagement.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Applicants must be 12-24 years old
- Applicants must be passionate about politics and civic engagement
- All applicants must have a desire to change the world
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Overall, you are very smart, you are creative, and you care deeply about our collective future as young global citizens. You are frustrated with the current state of politics and you want real change. You feel like you can convey the message of Bridge the Divide and help us achieve our goals.
You're also passionate about politics and civic engagement. You regularly keep up with the news because you want to have a stake in your future.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
- Knowledge and experience working with a start up organization run solely by young people
- Leadership and organizational skills
- A powerful network of over 40 like minded young people
- Access to Bridge the Divide conferences with high profile international speakers
- Experience writing political opinions editorials
- Social media skills