The development of new nanoindentation methods for Mechanical/Dynamic characterization of tire components, their application to a diverse range of projects, routine sample preparation and data analysis will be the main objective of the selected post holder.
Core Responsibility & Working relationship
- Operate with a Ultra-nanoindenter apparatus in the material lab.
- Day-to day operation of the nanoindenter instrument including sample preparation.
- Use statistical analysis to analyze the acquired data.
- Resolve technical issues
- Developing new methods for applying nanoindenter .
- Work effectively with R&D researchers, staff, technicians, and management of Bridgestone EMEA Technical Center, actively taking part to R&D cross-functional teams.
Bridgestone Europe is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tires and rubber products. Bridgestone Corporation and its subsidiaries employ over 140.000 people around the world, operate 178 plants in 25 nations and sell products in more than 150 countries. One in five vehicles in the world drives on the company’s tires. "Serving Society with Superior Quality” has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931. Our founder’s original vision and philosophy drives us to make life safer and more fulfilling for people everywhere. That means pursuing the highest quality in products, in service, in technology and in all our corporate activities. This philosophy is embedded in the way we work. We call it "The Bridgestone Essence" and it embodies the spirit that we all share and our desire to build a better Bridgestone for our customers, shareholders, business partners and, of course, our employees.
Bridgestone has opportunities to develop and grow your career. As the world’s largest tire and rubber company, we strive to offer development opportunities in our global organization including our technical centers in the US and Japan. Your ability to apply engineering technics to identify solutions as well as apply creativity to improve performance and solve challenges is critical. Your ideas and concepts will impact our ability to design and develop products to meet the future needs of our European consumers.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical/Material/Mechanic Engineering, or any other related field of study.
- Clear usage of Nanoindentation apparatus in application to material science of polymers, fillers and rubber compounds.
- Knowledge of sample preparation for nanoindentation.
- Goal-oriented, motivated, creative and collaborative. Able to work within teams with strong communications skills.
- Matlab skills are welcome
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Bridgestone offers an international, diverse work environment with long-term perspectives and daily changing challenges in a dynamic and forward-looking industry. For us it is important that you feel comfortable with us!