Joining a dynamic and motivated materials development team, the R&D materials researcher will lead efforts to design, develop and validate new testing methodologies, fundamental aspects of material science and proof of concept related to innovative materials.
Core Responsibility & Working relationship
- Operate within a world-class of chemical , rheological, dynamo-mechanical and quasi-static test to explore and investigate new and innovative concepts leveraging on her/his material science background.
- Design of experiments thinking including data analysis and technical report preparation.
- Developing new methods as part of mechanism understanding.
- Work effectively with R&D researchers, staff, technicians, and management of Bridgestone EMEA Technical Center, actively taking part to R&D cross-functional teams.
Bridgestone Europe is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tires and rubber products. Bridgestone Corporation and its subsidiaries employ over 140.000 people around the world, operate 178 plants in 25 nations and sell products in more than 150 countries. One in five vehicles in the world drives on the company’s tires. "Serving Society with Superior Quality” has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931. Our founder’s original vision and philosophy drives us to make life safer and more fulfilling for people everywhere. That means pursuing the highest quality in products, in service, in technology and in all our corporate activities. This philosophy is embedded in the way we work. We call it "The Bridgestone Essence" and it embodies the spirit that we all share and our desire to build a better Bridgestone for our customers, shareholders, business partners and, of course, our employees.
Bridgestone has opportunities to develop and grow your career. As the world’s largest tire and rubber company, we strive to offer development opportunities in our global organization including our technical centers in the US and Japan. Your ability to apply engineering technics to identify solutions as well as apply creativity to improve performance and solve challenges is critical. Your ideas and concepts will impact our ability to design and develop products to meet the future needs of our European consumers.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s Degree in Materials Engineering, Chemical engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, or any other Material science related field of study.
- Materials science knowledge with specific expertise in polymer and elastomers field
- Experience in operation and troubleshooting of chemical characterization, rheology, adhesion, fracture mechanics, dynamo-mechanical and quasi-static test devices on elastomers and polymers.
- Working team, strong communications skills, open mind-set, curiosity, creativity, performance oriented behaviors are minimum requirements.
- Digital mindset: solid knowledge of MS Office package, Matlab, Abaqus, Ansys, Python, skills in machine learning, big data analytics & computer vision is preferable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Bridgestone offers an international, diverse work environment with long-term perspectives and daily changing challenges in a dynamic and forward-looking industry. For us it is important that you feel comfortable with us!