We’re looking for 100 of the world's most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme. You’ll receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Future News Worldwide 2021 will take place on 14 and 15 July at Sky's global headquarters in London. The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
You can apply if you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student or recent graduate and aged 18-25. Applications are welcome from anywhere in the world.
What is Future News Worldwide?
Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world's leading media organisations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
If you're a student or a recent graduate who's passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you're a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2021 you must:
- be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2021
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2019
- be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11 - 16 July 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
Deadline: March 15, 2021
Program Starts: July 14, 2021
Program Ends: July 15, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.