United States of America
Our readers are smart, educated consumers who want to put their hard-earned money to good use (while having fun, too). We use loads of product research,expert sourcing, brand discovery, product testing and data analytics. Our goal is to turn HuffPost into a shopping destination people return to regularly, because we’ve established trust with our readers through our devotion to quality, authenticity and diversity. We strive to combine spot-on product curation with an entertaining and informative writing style and trustworthy recommendations, so even if the products aren’t right for a reader, they can click away feeling like their time was well-spent.
We are looking for a junior writer for a full-time position on this team. The ideal candidate is a junior-level conversational writer and editor with proven skill or demonstrated interest in consumer- and shopping-related or other lifestyle content. If you're the type of person who's constantly discoveringamazing new products, major deals and noteworthy new brands, we'd love to hear from you!
- Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the HuffPost audience.
- Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics in order to strategically pitch new ideas
- Stay on top of current news and trends to pitch and write timely stories that readers are interested in at that very moment
- Draft two shopping roundups that show off your internet chops, writing prowess and -- especially important -- how well you get the HuffPost audience and voice.
- Critique two stories from HuffPost’s shopping section and tell us how you would have written that story.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Previous shopping/eCommerce writing experience OR equivalent experience with other kinds of service journalism OR demonstrated interest in shopping-focused journalism
- Previous experience with affiliate data and networks a plus
- Strong knowledge and interest in the following areas: Food/drink, style, beauty, wellness, fitness, health, work/life, travel, home, pets and parenting.
- Attention to detail
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Firm understanding of the HuffPost audience and voice
FYI — just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.