Albania Andorra Armenia Austria Azerbaijan Belarus Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Georgia Germany Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Kosovo UN1244 (*not recognized by some countries) Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macedonia (FYROM) Malta Moldova Monaco Montenegro Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Romania Russia San Marino Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey Ukraine United Kingdom
In numerous European countries the political leadership fails to take the necessary steps towards building an inclusive society. However, in parallel with the lack of willingness from national authorities to find comprehensive solutions, we see youth organisations step up to fill in the gap and take an increasingly active role in providing support and services to young asylum-seekers and refugees.
Tremendous efforts have been invested by youth organisations to ensure that displaced youth feel included to the host communities and they have the means to shape their own future. Today, solidarity – one of the core values of the European Union is reflected in the actions of the young people. Many creative, inspiring youth initiatives have been carried out on the grass roots, regional and national level, all triggering significant changes.
In order to make sure that youth organisations can continue their important work in the field of refugee inclusion, the European Youth Forum decided to launch the European Youth Initiative Fund with the financial support of the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR).
The aim of the European Youth Initiative Fund (EYIF) is to mobilise young people, promote integration and build positive relationships between displaced youth and host communities in Europe. To do so, the European Youth Forum will provide grants to youth organisations so that they implement projects run with the meaningful involvement of young refugees and asylum-seekers and in cooperation with host communities.
Important details about the project proposal
- The project should be implemented in maximum 6 months between the1st April and the 30th September 2018.
- The maximum amount you can apply for is 10,000 euros, however there is no minimum limit.
- One organisation can submit more than one project proposal.
- It is important to design the project proposal so that it reflects the main objectives of the EYIF, ensuring the meaningful involvement of displaced youth at every stage of the drafting process.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the EYIF?
- The project hasto be submitted on behalf of a youth organisation legally registered in Europe. The grant is not limited to the membership of the European Youth Forum.
- The project has tobe implemented within one of the Council of Europe memberstates or Belarus or Kosovo.
- The youth organisation has to have an official bank account that can receive an international bank transferfrom a euro account
Deadline: March 04, 2018
Cost/funding for participants:
Maximum amount is 10,000 euros.