Online United Kingdom
Are you interested in attending the Immerse Cambridge Summer School? We offer a variety of summer programmes, from Architecture to Physics, and if you’re looking to showcase your academic skills then this is the essay competition for you! The Immerse Education Essay Competition offers applicants the opportunity to win a 100% scholarship to participate on an Immerse summer programme.
The Immerse Education Essay Competition provides the opportunity for students aged 13-18 to submit essay responses to a pre-set question relating to their chosen subject.
- Are you a budding architect looking for the best architecture summer school?
- Perhaps you’re looking to hone your programming skills on our computer science summer program?
- Maybe you’re a motivated economist looking to enhance your knowledge on our economics summer school in Cambridge?
- Or perhaps, spending 2 weeks living in colleges of Cambridge University, meeting international friends, and learning from expert tutors, sounds like an inspirational experience?
- With 20 subjects to choose from, take your chance to win a 100% academic scholarship to our Cambridge Summer School.
What should I write about?
Our essay questions are pre-defined according to your age group and preferred subject. You are encouraged to tailor your essay response to reflect your interest in your chosen subject.
Essay Questions for 16 - 18 year olds
- Architecture Who is your favourite architect?
- Biology To what extent is human behaviour genetically determined?
- Chemistry What is the biggest impact that chemistry has had in the last 100 years?
- Computer Science Explain how computer science can be helpful in pandemics
- Creative Writing Does a personal diary constitute creative writing?
- Economics Examine the impact of Adam Smith on society
- Engineering We could not live without transistors. Do you agree?
- English Literature Literature is elitist. Do you agree?
- Female Future Leaders Who is the greatest female role model of the 21st Century?
- History What can the past teach us about the coronavirus pandemic?
- International Relations Is the UN still relevant?
- Law Legal decisions should be automated using algorithms. Discuss.
- Management What business leader has had made the biggest impact on society in the last 50 years?
- Mathematics Who is the greatest mathematician of the past 100 years?
- Medicine What makes a good doctor?
- Philosophy Who is the most underrated philosopher?
- Physics Why is physics important?
- Psychology Is psychology a science?
Essay Questions for 13 - 15 year olds
- Architecture What is your favourite architectural style, and why?
- Computer Science Why is studying Computer Science important?
- Creative Writing Who has the right to decide if a piece of creative writing is good or bad?
- Economics Explain the Tulip Mania of the Dutch Golden Age
- Engineering Why is Engineering important?
- International Relations What are the main causes of war?
- Law What does justice mean?
- Management What makes a business ‘successful’?
- Medicine What field of Medicine has the biggest impact on society?
- Competition opens: 1st September 2020
- Competition closes: 5th January 2021
- Entrants informed of outcome: 25th January 2021
- Summer Programme dates: July – August 2021
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Students of all nationalities who will be aged 13-18 during the summer of 2021.
Deadline: January 05, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
First place winners will be awarded a 100% scholarship to study their chosen subject with Immerse.
There will be 10 first place winners across the Immerse Education Competitions.
Runners up will be awarded partial scholarships of up to 70% to study their chosen subject with Immerse.
The number of runners up will be determined by the number of entries received, and the quality of the work submitted. In 2019 7% of entrants were awarded a scholarship. Entrants will be informed of the outcome of their entry on or before 18th September 2020.
You should select the essay topic that matches the subject you wish to study with Immerse.
The participation fee includes:
- 13 nights accommodation in a central college of the University of Cambridge
- Breakfast and dinner in College Hall
- Accommodation in an individual bedroom
- 40 hours of academic sessions from Oxford University and Cambridge University tutors
- Carefully designed study and lecture materials
- Mentor programme and access to support material
- All excursions- including formal dinner at Cambridge colleges, punting, croquet
- Comprehensive insurance
- 2 coach excursions including a trip to Oxford
- Graduation Ceremony and Certificate
- Tutor written assessment
Travel to and from the programme is not included in the participation fee.