United States of America
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1. Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
2. One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
3. Resume/CV – No more than 3 pages maximum. Do not include links to publications.
4. Essay questions to be filled out in application:
- Describe your personal and educational background and accomplishments.
- Tell us how this scholarship will make a difference in your cybersecurity career path. What would receiving this scholarship mean to you?
- Why are you interested in cybersecurity and what are your professional aspirations?
- Describe your contributions or involvement in the cybersecurity field: volunteer work, articles, conferences, chapters, books, podcasts, YouTube, etc. (Do not include links.)
- What makes you the best candidate to receive this scholarship? Describe what makes you stand out from your peers.
- Please tell us anything else you would like us to know about you in consideration of your application. Include hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Recipients must be Black in regard to race.
- May be a male or female pursuing, or planning to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- In 2021 you must plan to be an undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior or senior student or graduate student.
- GPA must be at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You must be a US citizen.
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time.
- Must be attending in the US.
- If awarded: the funds will be sent to your school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees, books, electronics and up to $3,000 for on-campus housing. Awards are NOT paid to the scholarship recipient.
- If you are being considered for award you agree to a face to face Zoom meeting for a five-minute interview with KnowBe4. You must have camera capability for this Zoom meeting via computer, tablet or phone camera.
Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)2 and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories:
- Financial Need
NOTE: Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. Scholarships are a one-time award and must be re-applied for each year in order to be considered for another scholarship.
Deadline: April 18, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
Number of Awards: One Award
The recipient of the KnowBe4 Scholarship for Black Americans in Cybersecurity will receive:
- A $10,000 Scholarship to be applied to tuition, fees, books, electronics and up to $3,000 may be applied to on-campus housing. Scholarship may be paid all at once or spread out over multiple semesters including summer session.
- A (ISC)2 Certification Education Package:
- One (ISC)2 certification exam voucher (for the (ISC)⊃2; certification exam of your choice)
- Hard copy or digital study materials
- Practice exams
- (ISC)2 Direct training seminar: in person, Instructor-led live online or self-paced (travel & lodging expenses not included).
- First year membership fees paid upon passing the exam and becoming endorsed.
- Exam Voucher and education package may be claimed upon graduation and will be good for one year from date of issue.