The Center for Women’s Economic Empowerment (CWEE) at the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) seeks an intern to provide portfolio support in Summer 2021. CWEE expects the intern to support preparation of research, materials, data and presentations related to gender and women’s economic empowerment (WEE) in CIPE projects. CWEE currently has a mixed portfolio that both supports WEE-focused projects and integrates gender and WEE in projects managed by CIPE’s regional teams. Through this internship, CWEE expects the intern will have the opportunity to gain both technical and general professional skills.
- Understand how organizations integrate gender and WEE issues in project portfolios and in different countries across the world.
- Gain insight into how CIPE and CWEE support other stakeholders in DC and abroad to promote WEE through project implementation, partnerships, conferences, and more.
- Learn, through direct participation, about coordinating with cross-functional teams and with external partners to promote WEE.
- Develop skills to collect, organize and analyze information to create communications materials and presentations directed toward different audiences.
- Develop professional competencies and productive work habits, particularly time management skills, while working in a virtual environment.
- Learn how to collaborate with a team and define priorities and responsibilities.
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills through proactive involvement with the team.
- Improve communication skills in a team setting, particularly supporting external communication to share information about initiatives and results.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Collect data, international standards and best practices on gender mainstreaming (gender sensitive programming and gender assessment/analysis) and safeguarding, particularly as related to private sector engagement and WEE.
- Define, draft and finalize one WEE case study in coordination with the CWEE and CIPE regional teams.
- Write blog entries, talking points, articles, flyers, short briefers on CWEE, its programming and topics of importance related to gender and WEE.
- Track US Government policy changes and announcements related to WEE and intersections with CIPE’s key areas of work.
- Draft reports related to CWEE’s work and achievements.
- Create social media content for CWEE.
- Participate in team meetings and CIPE-wide events, when possible.
- Virtually “Shadow” CWEE staff by sitting in on meetings and phone calls, as appropriate, to provide feedback on and track next steps and follow up.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate (sophomore standing or higher), graduate students or recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communications skills in English.
- Experience living or working abroad, or interest in a particular region of the world.
- Interest in gender and women’s economic empowerment issues globally.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and experience with social media and graphic design, a plus.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
All CIPE Summer 2021 internships will be remote. This is a paid internship. Interns are expected to start by June 1, 2021 and commit to a minimum of 25 hours per week.