ABOUT THE OAS AND ANID INITIATIVES
The National Research and Development Agency of Chile (ANID) is an autonomous and functionally decentralized corporation, with its own assets and legal personality under Public Law, aimed at advising the President of the Republic of Chile in planning scientific and technological development. ANID's Advanced Human Capital Program was created in 1988 and corresponds to the main Chilean government initiative dedicated to the administration of postgraduate scholarships.
The purpose of the National Doctoral Degree Scholarship is to financially support doctoral studies in all areas of knowledge in programs accredited in accordance with Law No. 20.129 and taught by Chilean universities. The scholarship benefits are for a maximum period of four years, counted from the date of the beginning of the study program. In addition, this scholarship allows for an extension of maintenance benefits, up to six months, for the writing of the doctoral thesis. Chileans, permanent residents and/or foreigners are eligible to apply.
The SG/OAS, through the Department of Human Development, Education and Employment (DDHEE), supports its Member States in the creation and execution of programs that promote human development at all educational levels. The DDHEE works to strengthen democratic values and security in the region, under the framework of regional integration. It also promotes training opportunities for citizens, with the purpose of supporting the efforts of the Member States to improve the quality and equity in education. The DDHEE highlights the support from the Member States - through their diverse cultures - to the economic, social, and human development of their peoples, by supporting citizens of the Americas to access knowledge and skills through educational trainings. These opportunities contribute to the improvement of the living standards of its citizens and those of their communities in the region.
OAS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Apply to ANID’s Advanced Human Capital Program
- Visit ANID’s website and read the details and Rules of the National Doctoral Degree Competition.
- Applications must be completed electronically through ANID’s website.
- Application forms required by ANID are available in the Online Application System.
- Applicants must follow all the steps described in the Rules of the National Doctoral Degree Competition, undergo an admissibility exam and then be evaluated and selected by ANID.
2. OAS-ANID Scholarship Application
- Students interested in applying for the OAS scholarship must first follow the admission process directly with ANID, as described above.
- If admitted to the study programs included in this call, the applicant will be automatically considered as a candidate for the OAS-ANID scholarship.
3. Selection of OAS-ANID fellows
- The OAS-ANID Selection Committee will take into account the following aspects:
- Geographical distribution ( as per Human Development Index reported by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP),and taking into account the most important needs of the Member States.
- Academic profile, merit, and academic credentials.
- The potential impact of the applicant on the completion of the study program.
- Gender distribution.
4. Publication of OAS-ANID results
- The applicant must wait for the publication of the results of the evaluation and selection process of the candidates, which will be announced on the OAS Scholarships Website
- The OAS and ANID will send a communication to the students informing them that they were selected for the scholarships
5. Scholarship acceptance process and start of classes
- Only selected candidates will be contacted by the SG/OAS by email, where they will receive the scholarship offer and the instructions to accept it.
- Once the candidate has accepted the scholarship offer, they must initiate the corresponding payment procedures with ANID.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: December 14, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM
- PROGRAMS: More than 100 accredited doctoral programs in various areas. Check the list of accredited universities and programs here.
- MODALITY: Onsite - at more than 20 universities in Chile.
- LANGUAGE: Spanish
- DURATION: Up to 4 years, counted from the beginning of the study program.
- BENEFITS: USD $1,200 (one-time subsidy)