Cyprus Estonia Finland Germany Hungary Italy Latvia Malta Netherlands Poland Romania Serbia Slovenia Spain United Kingdom
Work with EU’s main climate innovation initiative. Win a €2,000 grant to join this invaluable climate change program for professionals. Now in its seventh year Climate-KIC’s Pioneers is the leading professional mobility programme focused on climate change. It is the only programme of its kind that actively breaks boundaries and provides fresh perspectives through drawing people and organisations from all different kinds of climate change backgrounds, sectors, and experience levels.
Work together to shape climate change innovationAs the EU’s main climate innovation initiative, Climate-KIC wants to help you boost your professional efforts in climate change innovation. If you’re a European national who is a professional or an entrepreneur that’s been working on sustainability for a while, then the Pioneer into Practice program is your perfect next step.
Pioneers into Practice
Climate-KIC has built a strong professional network of climate change professionals. Past hosts and mentors have included WWF, IBM and City of Helsinki Environment Centre:
- Participating in the program as a ‘Pioneer’ means that you will complete a placement where you’ll work in real climate challenges, either locally or abroad.
- You’ll also receive bespoke mentoring through workshops and online training through Climate-KIC’s dedicated partners - which include renowned corporations, key research institutions and public authorities.
Applications close: April 2018
Program Duration: May to November 2018, over a 4-6 week domestic or international placement and mentoring From United Kingdom to Hungary, you could be working in any of other 13 European countries!
Beat the competition on this Opportunity and win a €2,000 grant!
How to win:
- Compete in this Sqore Opportunity
- Apply for the program
- Keep a look out for the results!
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who can be a Pioneer?
- To live in one of the participating locations.
- To have a University degree related to the field of climate change and/or sustainability OR other equivalent degree in another field is desirable.
- To have at least 2 years of working/voluntary experience in a field related to climate change and/or sustainability.
- Be committed to help tackle climate change and to be part of a community of likeminded professionals putting together influential and entrepreneurial climate change plans.
- Be able to complete all elements of the programme (eLearning, workshops, group project, placement).
- Possess advanced English language skills (at least B2 equivalent).
- Not to have been a Pioneer in the last three years.
- Be openminded and keen to learn, share and enjoy!