Online United States of America
Enter one of the most prestigious competitions for creativity in photography, the Communication Arts Photography Competition. Any photograph first published or produced from March 2021 through March 2022 is eligible.
Selected by an internationally representative jury of distinguished creative directors and photographers, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Photography Annual, in print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work. As a service to art directors, designers and art buyers, a comprehensive index will carry contact information of the photographers represented.
Photography Competition Categories
These categories are judged by the Photography jury and will appear in the Photography Annual. For a list of fees, please download the category PDF:
- Advertising: ads, posters, music and product packaging, etc.
- Books: covers, jackets, interiors, etc.
- Editorial: consumer or trade magazines, newspapers, etc.
- For Sale: posters, prints, greeting cards, licensing/stock, gallery sale, online store, etc.
- Institutional: company/association publications, annual reports, catalogs, client websites, blogs, etc.
- Motion/Cinematography: time-based media for film, television, video or web, etc.
- Self-Promotion: promotion for photographers, design firms, ad agencies, art schools, printers, paper companies, etc.
- Unpublished: experimental/personal work not published.
- Student Work: photography or cinematography projects created for school assignments.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
What to Enter
Any photograph first published or produced from March 2021 through March 2022 is eligible. Entries may originate from any country. Explanation of the function in English is very important to the judges. Submission of entries acknowledges the right of Communication Arts to use them for publication and exhibition.
Each photograph is a single entry. A printed piece with several photographs must have a dot or some other mark indicating which specific single photograph is to be judged. If a single photograph isn't indicated, the entry will be disqualified.
Campaigns or series are limited to five photographs. If the entry has more than five photographs, indicate which five are to be judged. If this isn't indicated, the entry will be disqualified.
Mail entries to:
Communication Arts Photography Competition
110 Constitution Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025-1107
(Via United States Mail, FedEx, UPS, etc. Entrants submitting from outside the U.S., please use an international courier.)
If you have any other questions you can reach us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (650) 326-6040
- Fax: (650) 326-1648
Deadline: March 04, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
Each winning entrant will receive a personalized Award of Excellence, milled from solid aluminum, and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.
CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
Do you offer a cash prize?
We do not offer a cash prize. The winners are featured in one of our annuals distributed worldwide, in both print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work. Each winning entrant will also receive one personalized Award of Excellence, milled from solid aluminum, and printed award certificates for all creative contributors.