We’re recruiting entrepreneurs to co-create the next generation of high-impact start-ups. Launchpad is a venture studio embedded within Falmouth University, which gives entrepreneurial candidates an opportunity to work on building the companies of tomorrow with leading strategic partners supported by experienced coaches and mentors to help create in-demand, cutting-edge investible companies for positive global impact. Accepted candidates receive financial support and study for a fee-free MSc in Entrepreneurship.
Build a thriving business.
Leave a lasting impact.Launch a high-impact start-up in a collaborative community of entrepreneurs.
Launchpad is one of the UK’s most innovative and successful programmes of its kind.
Based in a stunning, state-of-the-art building at Falmouth University, Launchpad exists to build an entrepreneurial ecosystem, solve market failures, and forge a new generation of market-focussed tech businesses.
It’s an ambitious programme driven by Falmouth University and designed to retain talent in Cornwall, boost the local economy and create global opportunities. It gives candidates an opportunity to work on real industry challenges with leading businesses supported by experienced coaches and mentors to help create an in-demand, cutting-edge solution that investors want to buy into. Candidates also receive comprehensive financial support and study for a no-fees Masters to help equip them on their start-up journey.
At Launchpad, we are solving global problems and creating long-term sustainable impact through technology and high performance teams.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Are you excellent at what you do?
We want people with business excellence.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve got a PhD from Oxford or learnt to code in your bedroom. We want people who can get things done and make brilliant things happen.
We believe in creating long-term sustainable impact through technology and high-performance teams. The question you need to ask yourself is:
“Are you ready to tackle a global problem and create a lasting real-world impact through building a thriving tech business?”
Who we look for:
We want candidates who aren’t afraid to do things differently. You need to be prepared for one of the hardest challenges you’ll ever face, and ready to embark on a life-changing adventure.
We want candidates with the ambition, drive, vision, and commitment to solve problems and create a lasting, sustainable impact.
If you want the chance to see what you are made of, then this is it.
We want to hear from applicants that have:
- 2:1 degree equivalent or higher in a relevant skillset, with a minimum of 5 years of business experience with evidence of rapid career progression with startup/VC experience
- If no degree, a career of at least 8 years of rapid promotion in technology or technical roles, preferentially with startup/VC experience
- Commercial experience in business leadership, software development; or product management
- An avid interest in business and entrepreneurship
- Commitment to co-creating a start-up in Cornwall with our international strategic partners
- Leadership experience within a start-up (preferred) or in a fast-moving commercial business
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
Deadline: September 30, 2021
Program Starts: January 31, 2022
Program Ends: September 01, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
What you get
You’ll work alongside iconic global brands and strategic partners, you’ll have access to a range of different experts who are on hand to guide and advise you, you’ll work in an elite, high-performing team, and you’ll form a start-up tech business that has the potential to be scaled globally.
What’s more you’ll receive a comprehensive financial support package while studying for a Masters to help equip you on your startup journey alongside working in state-of-the-art cutting edge surroundings.
The Unparalleled Opportunity:
- Leadership: Become a co-founder of a new high impact venture
- Network: Work with our strategic partners to capture massive market opportunities
- Resource: We energise your company by brining you a team, financial support, and expertise in investment design, software, recruitment, marketing and business design.
- Mentorship: Our strategic partners are experts in impact, investing in you as a company leader. Our University houses some of the brightest creative minds on the planet.
- Ecosystem: Be based in one of the most scenic and vibrant places in the UK at the core of an entrepreneurial ecosystem. With access to alumni, university academics, investment contacts and other companies.
- Education: Gain an MSc in Entrepreneurship – you’ll study for a fee-free Masters as you develop your venture.