The first of the photography scholarships is an interactive online course set over 6 months which includes sessions on historical and contemporary photography, practical exercises to develop your creativity, project development and much more. It has 30 hours contact time with image reviews and mentoring, online discussions and content delivery. The course will run from May 1st, 2021 with online session times to be agreed. The course focus is to lead to you towards creating a series of photographs that you can showcase in the next step; building and maintaining a serious interest in photography. You can read more about the course programme here: Online Photography Course.
This is a week’s location photography in the internationally renowned resort of Essaouira, Morocco, where you will receive 1:1 mentoring. Morocco regularly attracts artists, film makers, musicians and writers. Jimmy Hendrix and Orson Welles are the two most famous visitors. More recently it’s been a location for Game of Thrones. The town offers much for the photographer and is a constant source of inspiration for the many workshop attendees that arrive here.
During your time in Essaouira, you will explore creative ways of bringing the location to life through your own way of seeing. You will be mentored across the week with trips to locations both within the town and outside in the countryside, at markets and on the coast. The focus is on finding a personal angle through your photography rather than recording a trip, culminating with a coherent series of images to provide you with a platform to gaining a foothold in the photographic art/documentary/journalism community. Find out more about what photography workshops in Essaouira typically offer: Creative Photography.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Scholarship one, the online photography course is available for anyone who for whatever reason has not been able to attend an undergraduate formal course of study. The online course scholarship is a comprehensive study which covers some of the content present on a university programme.
- The second scholarship is available to photography graduates who have completed their studies in 2020. It’s open to both degree and foundation course degree graduates.
- You will need to provide evidence in both cases if you are shortlisted for the scholarship. This may include a certificate of course completion or letter from a tutor, or a personal statement explaining why you have been unable to join a formal course of study.
- It goes with our saying that any professional photographers are unable to benefit from the offers.
Deadline: February 28, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
What you’ll receive for this scholarship:
- Free accommodation, meals and airport transfers.
- Daily mentoring.
- A final online portfolio for the images you produce during the week.
- Please note flights and travel insurance are not included.