We are a company originating from Finland, to be more exact from Northern parts of Finland, from the city of Oulu. Google for more information about Oulu if you wish but what is important in this context is that the city has a university with a long history in computer vision and machine learning. One could even say Oulu is the computer engineer’s city.
But as most of us know it is not only engineers that are needed in order to set up and grow business. So, from the early days we’ve had a strong preference for sales and customer support; one could say (again) that those were the cornerstones when we first started back in 2014 (we’re officially established in December 2014).
As the third item in this vague background list we want to emphasise that we have always tried to be as customer focused as possible. Yes, it is true that sometimes the customer does not know what is best for her/him but even in those cases we need to handle it with respect and gentle guidance. The absolute best part of being customer focused is that they will tell you what you need to build and nurture.
Where we are now
We are the market leader in our home market (Finland that is). It is a very price sensitive market so this has trained us for global scale. We’re still headquartered in Oulu but have offices in Helsinki, Ho Chi Minh City and Palo Alto.
We are one of the major player’s in the US floorplan market with a high potential to be the one player which revolutionises the whole real estate industry when it comes to use of floorplans and related data.
It has always been about the interior space understanding. Yes, there has been different flavours to it. But even from the day one we had the idea that there should be much more information being showed to end customer, we mean we did not (and still don’t) understand why is it that interior maps are not used in certain markets.
So we will continue on our path building the most scalable interior data understanding tech and it’s related products. To put the “most scalable” in other way, for us that means cost of capture/time/accuracy ratio.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Requirements (must have)
- CSE background
- Good command of at least one of the major programming languages
- Experience in developing web-based software
Requirements (great to have)
- Experience with Golang, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GIT and some Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with front-end web design
- Great written and spoken English
- An open mindset and can-do attitude with good teamwork skills
- Love and dedication to software development
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
- Competitive and negotiable
What we offer
- Flexible working hours and location: you are free to work remotely and at irregular times of the day (though, normally with prior notice to others as they may need you at a specific time)
- Office exchange opportunities: (San Jose, Helsinki, Oulu). Bath in the sun, live like a hipster or enjoy coding with snow and Santa Claus
- Laptop & Phone provided by company
- 100% salary in probation period
- Opportunity to make an actual impact on the software used by hundreds of people on a daily basis. You will influence through the writing code, testing to the production release.