Time to innovate. Digital Innovators:
The In-Car Coding Challenge is waiting for your creative ideas and innovative apps!
Whether your app aims to offer In-Car Entertainment or revolutionise Logistics and Transport – the possibilities are virtually endless. For which vehicles should your app be realised? For our passenger car fleet or our commercial vehicles?
The finalists will be given the opportunity to present their projects to a jury of experts from Mercedes-Benz AG in Stuttgart, at the heart of the German car industry.
Show us your coding skills!
Choose your Challenge now and with your app shape the future of the Mercedes-Benz AG digital customer experience.
Daimler AG is one of the world's most successful automotive companies. With its Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler Trucks, Mercedes-Benz Vans, Daimler Buses, and Daimler Financial Services divisions, the Group is one of the leading global suppliers of premium cars and is the world's largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles over six tons.
The In-Car-Coding Challenge aims to do one thing above all else: create a gateway in order to make your app accessible to our Mercedes-Benz customers.
Mobile App inspirations:
Commuting, Sustainability, Traffic Jam Services, Art & Culture, Education & Entertainment, IOT & Smart Home, Charging, In-Car Gaming, Points of Interest, site-specific content, travel, AR, Community, Parking, premium services.
Which apps could also inspire our customers outside of the vehicle? Could this be accompanied by music, entertainment and culture? Which interactions would be possible with the smartphone? Which (mobile) experiences could you create for our customers?
In-Car App inspirations
Commuting, Sustainability, Traffic Jam Services, Art & Culture, Education & Entertainment, IOT & Smart Home, Charging, fragrance, In-Car Gaming, Points of Interest, site-specific content, travel, AR, Community, Parking, premium services
Which apps could inspire our customers? Could this be accompanied by music, entertainment and culture? How could the selected route of our customers become part of an app? Which site-specific content or destinations would be incorporated? Imagine you include all the senses: from fragrance to haptic feedback or ambient light – there are no limits to your imagination. Do you prefer to consider racing games that promote the community spirit? Or parking scenarios?
- June 18th to October 18th: Present your innovative app idea in a presentation of maximum 10 slides, plus a short video. Highlight the functionality of your app, how it will benefit or delight our customers and how is it working in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Finally how you intend to develop it.
Up to 10 teams will be selected for the final event.
- November 2020: The finalists will have to pitch their project in front of the jury and will benefit from great visibility among our top management.
Show that your solution is the best!
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Requirements of participation
- Any person who wants to participate has to be 18 years of age or older.
- Students, recent graduated students, developers individually or in groups as well as companies and startups are allowed to register for participation. There is no limitation of participants for the event. The size of an individual’s group is limited to 6 participants each. There is no limitation of participants at companies and startups. However, at the final event (see below) no group (individual, company and startup) is allowed to bring more than 6 people. Individuals can also participate by themselves without a group.
- To register, each applicant mandatorily has to enter information on the online registration website as follows: First- and Surname, date of birth, sex, country, a valid phone number and their nationality. Additionally, student applicants have to name their university, companies, and startups the name of their company/startup as well as a valid URL to its homepage.
- Also, each applicant has to enter a valid E-Mail address in order to receive information about the progress of the event, such as confirmation of participation, information about voting results or changes of the event.
- Employees of the Mercedes-Benz AG and their relatives, as well as employees of companies affiliated with the Mercedes-Benz AG pursuant to Section 15 of the Aktiengesetz (AktG, Stock Corporation Act) are prohibited from participating at the challenge. This applies also to interns, working students and other short-term employees.
- The official language of the event will be English. All ideas, concepts and results have to be filed in English.
Deadline: October 18, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
What's in it for you!
Take the chance to get in touch with developers and tech-enthusiast all over the world including like-minded people from Mercedes-Benz AG.
The best teams and solutions will get the highest level of visibility within the board of management inside Mercedes-Benz AG including feedbacks.
The best teams and solutions will get access to the SDKs and APIs from Mercedes-Benz AG to realize an implementation.
From round two a mentor will support you from different aspects like technology or business, matching your needs. The mentors are from different areas like InnovationLab, RnD, SW-development, IT etc.
- ...and more!
Depending on the group you are matching (student or professional), individual prizes are waiting for you ;-)