Albania Andorra Armenia Austria Azerbaijan Belarus Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Georgia Germany Gibraltar Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Kosovo UN1244 (*not recognized by majority of countries) Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg North Macedonia Malta Moldova Monaco Montenegro Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Romania Russia San Marino Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey Ukraine United Kingdom Vatican City
The scholarship of Evangelisches Studienwerk provides a monthly allowance and wide range of academic offers:
- Monthly allowance
of up to 597 Euros plus 300 Euros for study issues
- Summer university
A broad variety of seminars are held at the Villigst Campus during the summer months. Academics, experts, students and graduates with different academic and professional backgrounds come together to discuss issues in an interdisciplinary atmosphere.
- Study/work abroad
Gaining professional competence and broadening one's horizon demands for global experience. This is why Evangelisches Studienwerk actively encourages its students to spend time abroad and usually covers tuition and expenses for travelling.
- Work practice
Professional experiences in profit and non-profit environments help students to enhance their knowledge in their field of study and to broaden their horizon at the same time. Therefore, Evangelisches Studienwerk supports internships up to one semester.
Villigst is a democratic organisation and encourages all students to contribute to the institutional life. They are represented at all levels of the Studienwerk's management.
- Contact and advice
Students experience individual advice and support not only through their Director of Studies in Villigst but also through a regional counsellor at their university's location.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Evangelisches Studienwerk is looking for young people who are interested in their subject, achieve good performances, take on responsibility in society and are keen to broaden their horizon. The following formal requirements must be fulfilled for the application:
- Proven social commitment (for instance church, politics, social, environment) and proven specialist suitability for the course of studies
- Membership in a Protestant church (exceptions are possible when submitting a special application, to the information sheet for special applications >)
- Citizenship of a member state or accession country of the European Union or other citizenship in accordance with Section 8 of the German Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG)
- For applicants without German citizenship: good German language skills (DSH certificate, TestDaf (test for foreign learners of the German language)
- Valid qualification for university studies (for instance general or advanced entrance qualification)
- At the time of selection (February/July) the students must not have advanced beyond the 4th subject-related semester
- For students striving for a double degree the number of semesters in the course of studies first commenced is decisive
- Applicants who are older than 35 must also enclose a special application (to the information sheet for special applications >)
- Receipt of the processing charge (12 euros) until completion of application
We only support people with the citizenship of a member state or accession country of the EU or another citizenship in accordance with Section 8 of the German Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG) if they are studying (or would like to study) at a university in Germany. We also support people with German citizenship who study (or would like to study) at a university in another European country. Please note that it is not possible to exclusively apply for support for a Masters course or a second course of studies. We also cannot support part-time, correspondence or dual courses of studies.