Online United Kingdom
Established in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, The Diana Award is the most prestigious accolade a young person aged 9-25 years can receive for their social action or humanitarian work.
The Award is the longest running award for young people that is given to individuals and groups through a retrospective nomination process only. We believe this is special. Young people do not work towards the award, rather they demonstrate their suitability through their actions, without any expectation of reward.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
In order to be eligible for The Diana Award, nominees must be aged between 9 and 25 and have been carrying out their activities for a minimum of 12 months. Nominees can be an individual or in a group of young people.
Nominators must know the young person in a professional capacity and be able to demonstrate the nominee’s impact in five key areas:
- VISION: Demonstrates commitment and passion to the cause, evidenced through their service to that cause and through social action.
- SOCIAL IMPACT: Creates positive social change that is of benefit to the wider community.
- YOUTH LED: Demonstrates how the young person(s) has led, owned and shaped the activities they are nominating them for.
- SERVICE JOURNEY: Evidence of transformation throughout the nominee’s service journey, including attitude, skills gained and challenges overcome.
- INSPIRING OTHERS: Demonstrates that, through the nominee’s positive attitude and passionate approach to life, they are a role model to others.
Deadline: March 11, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
- RECEIVING THE AWARD: Diana Award recipients will receive their certificates by post and will be celebrated at our virtual Award Ceremony on the 1 July 2022, Diana Princess of Wales birthday.
- THE LEGACY AWARD: All 2022 – 2023 recipients of The Diana Award are also eligible for the Legacy Award, which takes place on a biennial basis. The next Legacy Award ceremony will take place in late 2023.