Online United States of America
Krypto Labs, the global innovation hub with a unique ecosystem for funding groundbreaking startups, is announcing Drone X Challenge (DXC); a US $1.5+ Million global challenge (US$1 Million Final Prize and US$500,000+ in R&D Grants) that is pushing the frontiers of R&D and innovation in drone technologies.
DXC aims at accelerating the practical deployment of drones in key applications focusing on transportation and delivery. DXC will support innovative solutions that tackle two major challenges: payload capacity, and flight endurance.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Drone X Challenge has two categories:
- Fixed Wing Drones
- Multi-Rotors Drones
Points will be awarded based on the technical and commercial capabilities of the drones meeting or exceeding the Drone X Challenge requirements. Bonus points will be accredited to innovative commercial applications demonstrating:
- Advanced Control Systems
- State-of-the-Art Avionics
- Swift Maneuverability
- Fault Tolerance
- Autonomous Navigation
THE 3 PHASES
The overall challenge timeline is divided into 3 phases and a final event. During the challenge, teams will have to design, develop and demonstrate their drone systems according to the specifications of the chosen category.
- Phase I – Drone Design Proposal: this phase requires to provide a technical proposal.
- Phase II – Develop an MVP: this phase requires to provide a technical document demonstrating an MVP and a video demonstrating a functional drone based on the proposed design.
- Phase III – Demonstrate: this phase requires to provide a technical document detailing an MVP that achieves a minimum criteria as per subcategory and a video demonstrating the MVP capabilities.
Teams that did not apply to Phase I or Phase II can apply directly to Phase III.
- October 2, 2018: Applications open for Phase I
- January 10, 2019 Application deadline for Phase I
- May 2019: Announcement of R&D winners for Phase I and Applications open for Phase II
- December 2019: Applications deadline for Phase II
- March 2020: Announcement of R&D winners for Phase II and applications open for Phase III
- July 2020: Applications close for Phase III
- August 2020: Announcement of finalists
- Q4 2020: Final day event
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
DXC 2020 is open to entrepreneurs, start-ups, R&Ds, university students and companies. The winner should offer an innovative, inventive, or disruptive product/service, which is agile, original, and has scalable commercial applications.
Deadline: July 15, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
US$1 Million Final Prize and US$500,000+ in R&D Grants.