Every 18 months, the EEAS and EC open a call for expression of interest.
The JPD programme is based on the:
- Joint Decision establishing a High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations and Rules Governing this Programme in Partnership with the Member States of the European Union (12.06.2012);
- Implementing Rules of the High Level Traineeship Programme further specifying the Decision(22.01.2014).
WHERE ARE THE CANDIDATES POSTED?
Junior Professional can work in one of the 139 EU Delegations and can be posted, depending the nature of their tasks, in:
- the EEAS sections - for political, press and information functions (standard description of training assignments for EEAS functions);
- the EC sections - for aid management, trade, economic issues, etc. (the standard description of training assignments for Commission functions).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications (application form) shall be addressed exclusively to the authorities designated by each EU Member State. The modalities for presenting applications to the respective national authorities are determined by the EU Member States and should be made available on theirrelevant websites . Applicants can only apply in one Member State. In case of multiple applications, the candidate will be disqualified.
The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of information provided in the application form. Any spontaneous application sent directly to the EEAS or to the Commission will be disregarded.
In the application form, candidates are asked to provide information on their academic achievements, knowledge of languages, professional experience, extra-curriculum activities and motivation. In addition, they are asked to indicate 3 geographical preferences for their potential assignment as well as the function they are applying for:
- political, press and information functions - EEAS list;
- aid management, trade and economic issues functions - EC list.
The pre-selection of candidates is managed by the EU Member States. The final selection is made by EEAS and the EC.
After the pre-selection process, the EU Member States submit to the EEAS and the EC a list with the names of short-listed candidates (between 2-4 candidates per foreseen post). Both, the EEAS and the EC, select one candidate from each Member State for their lists. The EEAS and the EC identify a list of priority Delegations to allocate among JPDs. Once the lists are finalised, the EEAS and the EC manage the matching process. The matching process is based on the following criteria:
- priorities of the EC and the EEAS;
- candidates' profiles and preferences expressed in the application form;
- EU Delegations’ training possibilities.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Candidates applying for this high-level traineeship programme should:
- be a national from an EU Member State,
- hold at least a university degree equivalent to a Master's degree (see Diploma Annex) in a domain relevant to the activities of the Delegations;
- have excellent command of English and / or French; knowledge of other languages is an asset (see Languages Annex);
- show a great interest and motivation to work in a Delegation;
- professional experience, extra-curriculum activities such as volunteering or publications, is an important asset.
Deadline: January 31, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
Selected candidates will be offered a single traineeship agreement of a fixed-term of nine (9) months, which can be renewed for another period of nine (9) months.
Trainees are entitled to a monthly remuneration package composed of:
- a grant of 1,300 EUR;
- an accommodation contribution set at 1,000 EUR;
- a hardship contribution added to these mentioned above - depending on the Living Conditions Allowance in a Delegation from 10% to 35%. (LCA table).
In addition, JPDs will be granted:
- an installation contribution of 2,000 EUR at the beginning of their traineeship;
- a contribution for the cost of the journey for each period of a traineeship - 2,500 EUR;
- 500 EUR to cover the insurance cost for each period of 9 months of traineeship.