Albania Andorra Armenia Austria Azerbaijan Belarus Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Georgia Germany Gibraltar Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Kosovo UN1244 (*not recognized by majority of countries) Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg North Macedonia Malta Moldova Monaco Montenegro Netherlands Norway Online Poland Portugal Romania Russia San Marino Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey Ukraine United Kingdom Vatican City
Are you looking for a partner to help you bring your innovation in the energy field to the market with the goal to achieve global success? And do you fulfill the application criteria?
Sustainable energy: sustainable innovation
A sustainable energy sector needs new products, new solutions and new services. But transforming the spark of an idea into a successful and marketable product can be a long and complex journey. Technical expertise, commercial awareness and access to a variety of skills and resources are critical.
We are looking for businesses with the next big innovation in sustainable energy.
If your business has a proven concept that you think can help change the future of the energy industry, then we can help address the challenges and shorten the journey from lab to launch.
InnoEnergy is the innovation engine for Europe’s energy industry. We invest in businesses and help develop innovative products, services, and solutions that have high commercial potential. We provide access to a deep pool of complementary skills and resources, and connect them to markets and commercial opportunities across Europe.
Through our European network of industry experts, businesses and researchers we are able to:
- Give access to over 430+ European project partners to support the development of new products
- Provide investment funding to help make your project a reality
- Identify market needs and potential customers
- Shorten the time to market for innovative ideas
- Turn prototypes into commercial products within five years
Thematic Fields – our key areas of activity
We’re interested in products, innovations and technologies that create a positive impact on market and society within our thematic fields
- Energy for Transport and Mobility: The transport and mobility sector is responsible for not less than about one third of Europe's energy consumption and about a quarter of overall greenhouse gas emissions. Hence, energy for transport and mobility plays significant role in the transition of the energy system of the EU.
- Energy Efficiency: Carbon emissions in the home and at work account for 50% of the EU's energy consumption. Help us discover new innovations to fight emissions.
- Energy Storage: As technology develops so does energy storage. Finding new ways to distribute, generate and transmit energy is always evolving in both large and small scale project.
- Energy for circular Economy: Energy for circular economy focuses on conversion processes and complete conversion routes, or processes change, from fossil, biogenic and waste resources to final energy carriers and chemicals.
- Smart and Efficient buildings and cities: The world's sustainable development is reliant on energy-efficient buildings and cities. Support energy-positive behaviours witch your innovations here.
- Smart and Electric Grid: Help create new solutions to the electricity grid to deliver a low-cost, safe and secure power supply.
- Renewable Energies: Play a role in reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and continue to develop new and more cost efficient forms of renewable energy.
- Nuclear Instrumentation: Demand is growing for innovative, advanced instrumentation and measurement methods, in order to increase reliability, performance and competitiveness od reactors.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Do you fulfil the application criteria?
- Your aim should be to develop an innovative product or service which could be ready to go to market within less than five years.
- You have successfully carried out a proof of concept (pilot or type test validation), corresponding to a Technology Readiness Level greater or equal to five (TRL >= 5)
- You must be part of a consortium of at least three, but no more than seven, European partners from both the research and industry sectors (InnoEnergy can provide a ‘matchmaking service’ to help you find suitable consortia members if required – find out more here.)
- The consortium needs to be made up of partners from at least two different countries and at least one of the companies commercialising the product or service must be involved in the project from the beginning.
If you fulfill the above criteria, please go on to read the information provided on the documentation and timeline page.
There are over 120 innovation projects currently receiving support from us.
Investment Round - The Process
IR2019 – 1 Cut Off: 11 April 2019, 23:59
- Eligibility check + handover to TLAC members: 11 – 16 April 2019
- TLAC Review (including presentations): Week from 17 April – 10 May 2019
- Handover to KLAC: 10 May 2019
- KLAC meeting # 1: 23 May 2019
- KLAC Presentations: 11 – 12 June 2019 in Amsterdam
- KLAC --> EB: 12 June 2019
- EB Decision: 13 June 2019
- Communication of IR results : 17 June 2019
IR2019 – 2 Cut Off: 2 October 2019, 23:59
- Eligibility + handover to TLAC members: 7 - 11 October 2019
- TLAC Review (including presentations): Week from 14 October - 4 November 2019
- Handover to KLAC: 5 November 2019
- KLAC Review Deadline: 19 November 2019
- KLAC meeting # 1: 21 November 2019
- KLAC Presentations: 4 - 5 December 2019 in Amsterdam
- KLAC --> EB: 5 December 2019
- EB Decision: 5 December 2019
- Communication of IR results: 9 December 2019
Deadline: October 02, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
What is the minimum and maximum investment InnoEnergy would give to one project?
We have been investing between 100k euros to 4-5m euros. However, we don’t standardise our investments. We care more about what the project is and then we look at the investment. It depends on how much each investor is willing to put into the project, and it also depends on the technology.