ERES 2021 is the 13th international conference in the series on Earthquake Resistant Engineering Structures organised by the Wessex Institute. The Meeting provides a unique forum for the discussion of basic and applied research in the various fields of earthquake engineering relevant to the design of structures.
Major earthquakes and associated effects such as tsunamis continue to stress the need to carry out more research on those topics. The problems will intensify as population pressure results in buildings in regions of high seismic vulnerability. A better understanding of these phenomena is required to design earthquake resistant structures and to carry out risk assessments and vulnerability studies.
The problem of protecting the built environment in earthquake-prone regions involves not only the optimal design and construction of new facilities but also the upgrading and rehabilitation of existing structures including heritage buildings. The type of highly specialized retrofitting employed to protect the built heritage is an important area of research.
This conference will address these problems continuing to expand on the development of previous meetings in the series. Papers presented at ERES are an invaluable record of the state of the art in this field. Most of them are now freely available on the Wessex Institute eLibrary (www.witpress.com/elibrary) where they are a permanent record demonstrating the quality of the research presented at the ERES conference series.
The conference began in Thessaloniki, Greece in 1997, followed by Catania, Italy (1999); Malaga, Spain (2001); Ancona, Italy (2003); Skiathos, Greece (2005); Bologna, Italy (2007), Cyprus (2009), Tuscany, Italy (2011), A Coruña, Spain (2013), Opatija, Croatia (2015), Alicante, Spain (2017) and Seville, Spain (2019).
The following list covers some of the topics to be presented at ERES 2019. Papers on other subjects related to the objectives of the conference are also welcome.
- Seismic hazard and tsunamis
- Building performance during earthquakes
- Earthquake prediction
- Seismic isolation and energy dissipation
- Performance based design
- Experimental studies
- Dynamic analysis
- Passive protection systems
- Case studies
- Numerical analysis
- Monitoring and early warning systems
- Lifelines and resilience
- Forensic engineering
- Safety engineering
- Heritage structures
- Earthquakes and landslides
- Innovative technologies
- Paraseismic devices
Benefits of Attending
- Publication of Papers - Papers presented at Sustainable City 2019 are to be published by WIT Press in a Volume of WIT Transactions. Selected papers will appear in an issue of the International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning.
- Reviews - To ensure the quality of our publications, abstracts and papers are peer-reviewed by members of the International Scientific Advisory Committee and other experts, with manuscripts processed through CrossRef Similarity Check.
- Open Access - WIT Press is an advocate of Open Access which offers maximum dissemination of your work. All WIT Transactions and Journal papers can be downloaded for free from the WIT eLibrary (www.witpress.com/elibrary).
- Indexing and Archiving - Papers presented at Wessex Institute conferences are referenced by CrossRef and have appeared in notable reviews and databases. Papers are submitted to various indexing services such as Web of Science, Google Scholar and Scopus. All conference books are listed in the British Library and American Library of Congress.
- Conference Proceedings - At registration, delegates will be given copies of the papers presented at the Conference on a USB Flash drive. Following the Conference, delegates will receive an electronic copy of the final publication in which their paper has been published.
- Digital Archive - All conference papers are archived online in the WIT eLibrary (www.witpress.com/elibrary) where they are permanently and freely available to the International Scientific Community.
- Networking - Participants can present their research and interact with experts from around the world, as part of a unique community.
- Reduced Fee for PhD Students - The Wessex Institute believes in the importance of encouraging PhD students to present and publish innovative research at its conferences. As a result, the Institute offers PhD students a much-reduced conference fee.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: May 20, 2021
Program Starts: May 26, 2021
Program Ends: May 28, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- €700 - Conference Chairmen, WIT Fellows & Members of the ISAC Registration Fee
- €890 - Registration Fee
- €560 - Student Registration Fee