Real Robots, Real Environments
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications)
This summer school offers lectures and hands- on tutorials to grasp the fundamental concepts that every roboticist around the world should possess.
The tutorials and hands- on sessions will take place at a dedicated education and training center for search and rescue. You will get the opportunity to program a (semi)- autonomous rough- terrain UGV, to extensively test it in a variety of environments, and finally to challenge your colleagues in a Search and Rescue competition.
The summer school will run alongside the week- long exercise sessions ARCHE (Advanced Robotic Capabilities for Hazardous Environments). A number of research teams from Switzerland and around Europe will join the training site for Legged robots, teleoperated excavators, amphibious vehicles, UAVs and many other robots will be deployed in collapsed, burning, or flooded buildings. Specialists from different organizations will share their knowledge.
In addition, all summer school participants will get the opportunity to attend the ETH Robotics symposium, where leading researchers from across the world will share their experiences, results, and views on the different fields of robotics.
- Application Window: 15 February to 26 March 2021
- Acceptance List: 15 April 2021
- Summer School: 05 - 09 July 2021
- Symposium: 02 July 2021 (tentative)
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- The number of participants is restricted to max 50 applicants to be selected on the basis of curriculum, motivation letter and diversity.
- Master Students and early stage Ph.D. students are encouraged to apply. Each student should fill out the application form and upload a CV and one- page motivation letter. Links to the applicant’s code repository or a video demonstrating his/her robotic experience/capabilities are encouraged (optional).
Deadline: March 26, 2021
Program Starts: July 05, 2021
Program Ends: July 09, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
The school will cover all course materials, coffee breaks, meals, transportation, accommodation, social dinner, entrance to the ETH Robotics Symposium, and entrance to ARCHE event. Travel cost will be covered by the participants.
The commitment with education of the RobotX initiative at ETH Zurich goes beyond the economic barriers of excellent students. Thus, extraordinary applicants that require financial support are encouraged to apply for it.
A justification letter must be uploaded along at the moment of application to be evaluated by the organizing committee.