The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (UN-APCICT/ESCAP) internship is for 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months, pending on the needs of the department.
Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- Assist in preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications and etc.
- Undertake various researches on ICTD related topics as directed by the Supervisor by collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources
- Assist in media analysis outreach communication activities including preparing public information materials on APCICT website and social media channels to raise visibility of APCICT programme
- Assist in administrative and substantive support to meetings and conferences, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics and etc.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be 'clients' and seeks to see things from clients' point of view
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
- Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset.
- Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.