Finland France Italy
We are an European academic consortium offering the Master Degree PSRS, designed and operated by an unique world leading university-business cooperation of 4 European universities, 26 academic partners and 25 industrial leaders across the globe. The PSRS spirit: “The European higher education excellence in photonics, artificial intelligence and nanotechnologies meeting worldwide security and safety markets”.
Two-year (120 ECTS) Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree, aiming to train the next generation of highly-skilled experts in advanced imaging technologies, cutting-edge image processing, computational imaging, artificial intelligence technologies, biometrics, pattern recognition, behavioral analysis, spectrometry methodologies, photonic-based sensors, micro-nano-technologies, laser processing and surface functionalization to address the current and future societal challenges related to security and safety of people, goods and environment.
Students will be educated through a strong interaction with industrial partners to application fields as various as: detections of dangerous and\or illegal goods, detection of suspect individuals at borders, signature identification for cashless payment, fighting against counterfeiting, forensics and security markings, analysis of biological systems, detection of driver drowsiness, identification systems in case of medical emergency, measurement of inter-vehicle distances, biomedical applications, medical diagnostics, pollution control, driver vision enhancement, driving assistance (collision avoidance systems), industrial production control, help for a more efficient agriculture, food safety, lab-on-chip biosensors, identification of chemical substances and biological or inorganic materials, high precision fabrication of photonic devices, generation of functional surfaces and advanced materials in industry.
At the end of the PSRS Programme, the student should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of photonics, data science and micro-nanotechnology fundamentals
- Design and conduct experiments involving imaging, technologies, micro-nanotechnologies or laser processes
- Analyze and interpret data by data processing or artificial intelligence methods
- Identify, formulate and solve photonics or digital photonics problems
- Design a system, component or process to meet industrial needs
- Function on multidisciplinary, multicultural and geographically spread teams
- Understand the professional and ethical responsibility
- Communicate effectively in oral, written and other media forms
- Have a broad education necessary to understand the impact of science solutions in a global and societal context and to advance sustainability
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning and the abilitity to do so
The definition of above learning qualities are variable as they are the result of the close involvement of our industrial partners in the learning design of PSRS. Hence they are likely to change from one semester to another to best meet the requirements of employers.
PSRS / Awarded degree
Successful completion of the PSRS Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree will result in the award of multiple Master's degrees (i.e. 4 national diplomas issued by 4 higher education institutions from 4 European countries and fully recognized in these respective countries). In line with the Bologna Accords, those degrees benefit from a wide recognition in Europe and beyond.
According to the concentration which has been chosen by the graduate, the consortium will deliver either multiple diplomas from:
- UJM, UEF and UJM (specialization in Opto-digital imaging, laser processing and machine learning)
- OR UJM, UEF and UPEC (specialization in Biometrics)
- OR UJM, UEF and PoliTo (specialization in Micro-nano-technological devices)
In addition to official diplomas and to ensure the best understanding and recognition of PSRS graduates achievements, notably towards recruiters, PSRS Consortium will deliver to each student a personalized Diploma Supplement, signed by all awarding Higher Education Institutions and issued by University Jean Monnet, the PSRS coordinating institution, including:
- learning objectives and PSRS Consortium track-record and recognition;
- overall organization of the PSRS study programme (selection process, mobility, host institutions, learning outcomes methods of assessment, tuition language);
- added value which it brings to the student with respect to learning outcomes (which have been developed along with recruiters from the industry);
- full transcript of all (120 ECTS credits minimum) obtained during the master course, concentration and grades obtained, Master Thesis subject;
- awarded degrees in national languages and a legalized English translation.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We’re looking for brilliant minds trained in engineering, computer science or physics. Entry requirements / Eligibility criteria Below are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the PSRS programme. Please note that additional eligibility requirements apply for applicants to be considered for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) scholarship, notably ineligibility of applicants who have already benefited from an EMJMD scholarship or who have applied to more than 3 EMJMD.
- Compliance with the application process calendar and deadlines;
- Authenticity, completeness, certification (scan of original document or certified translation), translation (English version only) of application files.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor of science (or any nationally recognized first cycle degree equivalent to 180 ECTS), preferably in the fields of engineering, computer science or physics. (While this condition must necessarily be fulfilled at the time of enrollment, the consortium accepts applications from students in the last year of their higher education degree);
- Applicants must possess a solid academic background in the general fields of physics, engineering or computer science.
- The tuition language is English. Students are notably expected to produce a Master Thesis in English. A strong command of written and oral English is therefore requested. Applicants will have to demonstrate during application an English language proficiency equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). (Link to correspondences between CEFR levels and common language proficiency scales around the world that will be used).
- Level of English will be assessed on the basis of test scores provided by the applicant, the cover letter and the interview.
Deadline: February 05, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
Erasmus+ EMJMD scholarships are funded by the European Union, to help Joint Master Degree such as PSRS to attract the best European and international students. Those are very generous scholarships grants, which can virtually cover all expenses, including travel and subsistence costs associated with joining the PSRS programme during 2 years.
Details of the EMJMD scholarships amounts