Deadline: March 29, 2022
Albania Andorra Armenia Austria Azerbaijan Belarus Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Georgia Germany Gibraltar Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Kosovo UN1244 (*not recognized by majority of countries) Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg North Macedonia Malta Moldova Monaco Montenegro Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Romania Russia San Marino Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey Ukraine United Kingdom Vatican City
The Short-Term Fellowship programme is directed at postgraduate investigators (both basic and clinical investigators) who intend to spend a limited amount of time (usually 3-6 months) at a foreign institution to accomplish a very focused research project, to learn an experimental procedure or methodology, or to get in-depth knowledge about a sophisticated, clinical diagnostic procedure not available at the Home Institution.
up to a maximum of 6 months, at the discretion of the reviewing committee, non-renewable
The hosting institution must be located in Europe, and at a different location from where the applicant is presently working
The European Association for the Study of the Liver started as a small group of 70 hepatologists from 15 European countries who came together to share best medical practice in April 1966.
Over half a century later EASL has evolved into a major European Association with international influence dedicated to the liver and liver disease.
EASL has over 4,000 members from all over the world and provides an annual platform, The International Liver Congress™, for 11,000 liver experts to meet and discuss latest scientific research.
EASL has given rise to many international clinical trials and research collaborations to the benefit of patients all over the world.
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate
- Candidates must be active EASL members or have applied for membership at the time of the application.
- Candidates must have a M.D. or Ph.D. degree and be no more than 40 years old.
- Hosting Institution shall be in a different country from the Home Institution in Europe
- No more than 1 application per hosting and home department will be considered during a period of 2 years following the grant allocation
- The research/clinical supervisor in the hosting institution must be EASL member but must not be member of the EASL Governing Board.
- No restriction on the applicant's nationality
Deadline: March 29, 2022
Cost/funding for participants
3,000 EUR per month will be provided. Neither travel support, nor bench fee reimbursement will be included.
Internships, scholarships, student conferences and competitions.