Your key objectives
Under the supervision of an Adviser within the unit of assignment, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain first-hand experience in a scientific EU Agency allowing you to develop new competencies and skills in line with personal interests and professional aspirations;
- Contribute to specific and/or research projects with new ideas and innovative solutions;
- Bring forward your project and deepen your research in collaboration with experts in the field;
- Extend links to the international risk assessment community;
- Provide support to the implementation of Risk Assessment capacity building in Europe.
The content of your project and/or research depends on your interests and on EFSA’s work priorities. You may select up to two different areas of interest, in order of preference, related to your background and competencies in fields such as: environmental risk assessment, toxicology, animal health, animal welfare, biological hazards, human nutrition, data management and analysis etc.
The duration of the placement will be specified in the offer and cannot exceed the maximum period mentioned below, regardless of whether the time is spent at intervals or in full. More specifically the period could be:
- 12 months maximum, for candidates from a public entity or international organisation, or
- 6 months maximum, for PhD candidates.
You will play an active role in an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of 500 million EU citizens. EFSA employs approximately 440 staff members and its Scientific Committee and Panels engage highly qualified and independent scientific experts. Every position within EFSA plays an important part in creating an inspirational environment in which to work and develop. EFSA key priorities are:
- Prioritise public and stakeholder engagement in the process of scientific assessment;
- Widen EFSA’s evidence base and maximise access to its data;
- Build the EU’s scientific assessment capacity and knowledge community;
- Prepare for future risk assessment challenges;
- Create an environment and culture that reflect EFSA’s values of cooperation, innovation, openness, independence and scientific excellence.
If you have any questions regarding this call please contact us at email@example.com
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Have a good knowledge of English (minimum level: B2 - according to CEFR).
- Meet the character requirements needed for the duties involved (e.g. a sworn affidavit to the effect that you have no criminal record).
- PhD candidates must prove that they are currently enrolled in a PhD program.
- Candidates from public administration/institutions or international government organisations should have the prior agreement of their organisation.
- Non-EU candidates are required to obtain the relevant visa.
Deadline: December 31, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
EFSA does not pay any financial contribution to the selected candidates or cover any expenses incurred by them, other than those related to the performance of their duties during their secondment.