In-service training is a period spent at the European Food Safety Authority enabling trainees to acquire practical experience by means of their work and to put into practice the knowledge they have learnt during their academic studies or professional careers in the areas of science, communication or administration.
An opportunity for young university graduates to have their first professional experience related to their field of specialisation in a European organisation committed to assessing food and feed safety in Europe.
- Trainees at EFSA have the opportunity to immerse themselves in our work and in the European food safety system in general, experience that can act as a springboard for a number of career choices.
- You will benefit from a challenging and rewarding experience in a field of your choice in a multicultural environment.
- The content of your traineeship depends on the unit/team you are assigned to.
- You should have acquired a university degree by the closing date for applications.
- The programme lasts from 5 to 12 months.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The call is open to citizens of EU Member States and acceding countries.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Trainees will be awarded a grant of € 1.071,19 per month.
Trainees’ positions are granted within the budget availability, it is expected that no more than 25 trainees per year will be taken by EFSA while the demand is expected to be over a few thousands applications. As a result EFSA is not in a position to reply to candidates considered eligible, their application forms will be automatically inserted in EFSA trainee’s database.