The term of this contract will be 2 years. The position is linked to the EU-AFRICA ITF Partnership
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid or end May,
Mandates require a high level of management and administration throughout the investment and monitoring lifetime phases. Contractual obligations from Mandators require a high level of complex monitoring and reporting over many years. The purpose of this position is to support senior mandate officers on coordinating, supervising, executing and managing, as appropriate, a broad range of control and administration tasks for Mandate Management activities involving Trust Funds in order to ensure the highest standards of quality assurance across all aspects of mandate services related processes within the Division. The position has a very transversal nature with very close working relationships to MM/3-FTB, the geographical departments in OPS, SG, EIF, the European Commission and the external auditors.
You will work in a Unit of 11 people but specialising on a mandate family managed by a team of around 4 people in the OPS/Mandate Services (MM/5-MS) Division and in (MM/3-TFB), under the supervision of the Head of Unit and respectively the Head of Division. The Graduate plays an important role in supporting, executing and managing a broad range of control and administration tasks in regards to the portfolio of central mandates, but specifically for Trust funds
- Financial and administrative handling of the EIB Trust Funds, including PPF and EU Africa Infrastructure Trust Fund (EU-AiTF)
- Assist to Coordinate donor meetings, Project Financiers Group, attend and actively contribute
- Preparation of internal notes as well as external correspondence
- Preparation and analysis of statistics for ad hoc, annual and semi-annual financial, monitoring and donor reports
- Storing, tracking and supplying data to FC for the annual audited Financial statements (for EU-AiTF) and subsequent review and analysis
- Propose and implement sustainable process improvements to the analysis of data quality issues and root causes
- For business requirements, which do not fit in any EIB core systems, maintain existing End User Computing solutions using technologies such as MS Access, MS Excel, Business Objects.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, or Audit
- Good understanding of financial products (equity, loan, guarantees), co-financing, grants etc.
- Experience in financial reporting business activities
- Good understanding of EU policies
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and/or French(*). Good knowledge of other European Union languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: Monday, 6th April 2020.
(*).We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.