Belgium France Ireland Netherlands Poland Spain United Kingdom
Are you looking for a career in public health?Would you like to experience living in several European countries while studying in an international environment? The Europubhealth+ Master course is for you: a 2-year multidisciplinary Master course in public health, delivered by a consortium of 8 European universities leading to an internationally recognized double Master's degree, an intercultural environment of study, in up to 3 languages: English, Spanish or French.
The Europubhealth+ programme is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degreethat has been recognized as a Master of Excellence by the European Commission since 2006.
With the Europubhealth+ programme you are choosing:
- to live abroad: during 2 years, you will live and study in at least 2 European countries and benefit from the support of experienced teams in each Higher Education Institution,
- global health and intercultural work through multicultural team work, problem-based learning and a mandatory internship or practicum,
- a large network in public health composed of academics and professionals with high expertise in the field as well as international students and alumni.
Once you graduate from Europubhealth+, you will be able to:
- analyse and address the determinants of health problems from a population perspective,
- propose, plan, implement and evaluate culturally appropriate, evidence-based policies and interventions for the effective improvement of population health in international, national and local contexts.
Eight renowned European universities are collaborating to deliver the Europubhealth+ Master's course. Combinations of pathways offered within the 2-year course
As a Europubhealth+ student, you choose a pathway in a minimum of two different countries of the consortium located in Europe.
According to your language skills, you can follow your first academic year in English at the University of Sheffield (UK), at the University College Dublin (Ireland), in Spanish at the University of Granada (Spain) or in French at the University of Liege (Belgium) to acquire core competences in public health.
Your second academic year must be followed in a different country according to your specialisation preferences and language skills, that is to say either at Maastricht University in The Netherlands (in English), the Jagellonian University in Poland (in English), at the EHESP School of Public Health in Paris (in English), at the EHESP in Rennes (in French), at the University of Rennes 1 (in French), or at the University of Granada in Spain (in Spanish).
! Please note that if you are applying for an Erasmus Mundus excellence scholarship, the countries you are choosing for your first and second academic year must be different from your country of residence at the time of application - this rule does not apply to candidates applying as self-funded students
At the end of each academic year, all Europubhealth+ students participate in a joint Integration Module at EHESP in Rennes, France (in English) for three weeks.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Europubhealth+ is a two-year full time programme open to graduate students from any country of the world holding at least a universityBachelor degree (180 ECTS) or certified equivalent, from any academic disciplines.
Our students come from a variety of backgrounds including health related disciplines (medicine, pharmacy, biology, nursing,...), social sciences (sociology, economics, psychology, anthropology, geography, law, political sciences…) or business administration.
Prospective students should be aware that core public health disciplines include biostatistics, epidemiology, health policy and management, health economics, social and behavioral sciences, ethics, environmental health sciences. Some of those disciplines require a sufficient level of numeracy in order to successfully complete the 2-year programme.
To be eligible, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- holding at least a university Bachelor degree (180 ECTS) or certified equivalent (a copy of your last degree is required at application stage or at the latest before the beginning of the course if you are currently finishing your Bachelor studies)
- being proficient in the languages suitable for the chosen study pathway: English; English+Spanish; English+French; or Spanish+English+French (mandatory copies of language proficiency tests meeting the minimum admission requirements - as described below - must be provided when applying)
- submitting a complete online application, together with all mandatory documents required (diplomas, certificates, language certificates, letters of recommendation, etc.) before the indicated deadline.
N.B.: Applicants applying for an Erasmus+:Erasmus Mundus scholarship must meet additional eligibility criteria.
Deadline: January 12, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
EMJMD scholarships cover travel expenses, participation costs and living costs for the entire duration of the Master course (max. 46,000€ for the two-year course). The total amount of the grant can vary according to the nationality and the place of residence of the scholarship holder. Therefore, a proof of the current place of residence at the time of application is mandatory to provide at application stage when applying for a scholarship.