Germany Online Worldwide
European Youth Press (EYP) is looking for volunteers to strengthen our pro-active team. We invite you, who has experience in work with media to join us! You can be a photographer, filmmaker or a project manager.
Please, describe what exactly you are good at and show your work.
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
European Youth Press (EYP) is a network of youth media organisations in Europe. It works to build a society where empowered young media makers are actively participating and contributing to the public sphere by creating fair, independent and responsible media, fostering the development of democracy, international development and a sustainable future.
With 27 member organisations and several Committees, the EYP reaches more than 60,000 young journalists across Europe, forming a solid volunteer and professional infrastructure. It is a democratic, non-profit institution, founded and controlled by young media makers, with hundreds of enthusiastic, dedicated, active organisers, trainers, volunteers and a handful of paid project workers, all between 20 and 30 years of age.
The organisation serves the national structures through the development and coordination of projects on European level.
We believe in a free and inclusive society that upholds human rights, where unbiased, well-informed and mindful media makers and activists, along with independent and professional media empower and inspire the engagement of well-informed citizens.
We achieve this by building and supporting a network of young media makers, that:
→ advocates for media independence and neutrality as well as human rights
→ facilitates connections and cooperation within the network
→ enhances cultural understanding
→ promotes media literacy and sharing expertise
→ upholds values of the profession
→ creates and promoting international opportunities
→ provides access to profession and best working conditions
→ follows-up on developments in the media landscape
The main aim of the EYP as well as its member organisations is to inspire young people to involve themselves in media and take an active part in civil society, by fostering fair and independent journalism.
We achieve this through:
- Education – working with young media makers, providing training, educative media productions and educational material;
- Cooperation and exchange with other journalist and media organisations such as, but not limited to, our member organisations and partners, particularly foundations, governmental and non-governmental organisations;
- articipation – by enabling young journalists to lobby for their cause and by representing young journalists on a policy level.
The EYP organises seminars, training and debates for young journalists while also taking an active part in discussions regarding the standards in journalism education and media policies throughout the European Union and beyond.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
What we offer:
- The possibility to enhance your portfolio by working on European and international projects
- A working experience in an international environment
- The possibility to work independently
- The possibility to be involved in the development of social media and communication concepts
- The possibility to be part of a vibrant network of young media makers.