United States of America
Career Area: Corporate Staffs
Job Category: Leadership Development Program-Leadership Development
The Chrysler Institute of Engineering (CIE) Program is highly selective with a limited number of openings each year. Only the best and brightest college graduates are chosen. Trainees should embody strong work ethic while maintaining a sense of purpose and modesty throughout the program.
During the first two and a half years of work, participants in the CIE Program will receive challenging rotational assignments while completing a Master’s degree. The program begins quickly to build skills and knowledge through a series of work assignments. In addition, the variety of assignments gives trainees an overall perspective of what working at FCA is all about. It helps identify what job would properly balance the trainee’s career goals and the needs of the corporation. Each CIE candidate completes seven, four-month rotations within the corporation getting the chance to experience areas such as Vehicle Integration, Engine Calibration, or Brand Marketing.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Participants in the program must also pursue a Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Undergraduate graduation between December 2018 and end of May 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET (Accreditation Board for
- Engineering and Technology) accredited program; other Engineering degrees from an ABET accredited
- university programs (Aerospace/Aeronautical, Agricultural,
- Biomedical/Biomechanical/Bioengineering, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Materials, Mechatronics,
- Metallurgical) will be considered if the candidate exhibits the desired characteristics to fill an opening
- within the CIE program
- No pre-existing Master’s degree or current enrollment in a Master’s program
- 3.0 or higher GPA (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Previous internship with an automotive manufacturer
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Program participants will be paid half day per class, per week to allow them to complete their Master’s degree while completing their Product Development CIE Trainee work assignments. With an average course load of two classes per term, the trainee should earn their Master’s degree at the same Time they complete the 30-month CIE Program. As an added benefit, FCA pays tuition.
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.