FDM’s Careers Programme bridges the gap between academia and the commercial world for graduates like you. The FDM Careers Programme eradicates the “catch-22” hurdle of qualifications without experience, providing graduates with quality IT and business training, invaluable commercial experience and the opportunity for lucrative career progression. FDM is also a great place to work where you will meet enthusiastic, like-minded people who enjoy working in a dynamic and diverse environments.
How It Works
- Apply to the FDM Graduate Careers Programme
- Train in IT and business specialties in one of our award-winning academies
- Work on-site with prestigious industry-leading clients, gaining hands-on commercial experience
- Excel as you set yourself on a meaningful career path – the sky’s the limit!
We equip you with:
- IT and business training from industry experts
- 2+ years of hands-on commercial experience
- A foot in the door with one or more of our 200+ prestigious clients
- Exposure to dynamic working environments
- Ongoing career support and professional development
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
What We Look For The
FDM Careers Programme provides fast-track entry into high profile IT and business careers.
- We look for candidates who have strong communication, team-working and interpersonal skills, as well as a dedicated work ethic. Most importantly, successful candidates will be determined and able to adapt to different working environments.
- We assess candidates on eight core strengths: drive, collaboration, growth, strategic awareness, flexibility, social adaptability, logical mindset and resilience.
- We only take on those who have a strong aptitude in IT and business with the desire and ambition to succeed.
Before applying to join FDM in the UK, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK/EU
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a STEM or business-related field
- Able to commit to a minimum of two years working as an FDM consultant following completion of the training period
- Have some technical knowledge or an analytical mind-set
- Demonstrate a passion for IT and business consultancy
- Have a good understanding of the IT industry
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open to being geographically flexible within the UK
- Able to support yourself financially during the training period (you will receive a travel bursary of up to £100 per week towards your travel costs to the Academy)
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Supporting Your Progression
FDM has a number of programmes in place to continuously support and engage with our people.
Consultant Peer Support (CPS) Programme
The CPS Programme ensures that when a new consultant is placed onsite, they are connected with a more senior FDM consultant already working with that client to help ease their transition. These CPS ambassadors provide the guidance needed to help new consultants get settled, connect with fellow FDMers in the area and prepare for their new roles onsite.
The Mentoring Programme brings together individuals at all levels of their career journey, from management to new starters. It provides you with the opportunity to build relationships and network within FDM’s wider community by linking our consultants, alumni, trainees, internal staff and clients together.
FDM has launched the careers of thousands of people who make up our alumni network of talented individuals. We regularly interact and engage with our alumni community, giving past and present FDMers a network from which to build relationships, learn from others and explore opportunities with people who have had similar career experiences.
The FDM Careers Programme Advantage
- Full-time employment with FDM, a leading graduate employer
- Industry relevant IT and business training combined with a minimum of two years commercial experience
- Fast-growing global company with over 180 prestigious clients around the world
- National opportunities to work as an FDM consultant
- Applications for the FDM Careers Programme are accepted all year round
- Start dates are scheduled throughout the year